Dirt 4 headtracking wont work

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Dirt 4 headtracking wont work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dtdman420
    Participant

hey i can not get dirt 4 to initiate a direct vr scan and the headtracking will not work. What should i do?

I am using a samsung odyssey wmr hmd

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no DirectVR scan for Dirt4. The only head tracking that is available is vorpX emulating a gamepad stick with your headset. While rather laggy this method is passable for immersive screen mode, which is used for the game per default.

Should work without you having to do anything normally. If you have no head tracking at all, check whether gamepad controls are enabled in the game’s input options.

dtdman420
    Participant

Thats a bummer. I did notice that it worked in immersive screen mode i forgot to mention that.

So with immersive screen mode i can still try to bring the screen closer and somewhat wrap it around myself and that should work?

Does Dirt 3 have direct vr support?

Ralf
    Keymaster

It should work in full VR mode too, but since there is no way to adjust the FOV beyond what’s possible in the game options that makes limited sense. The default profile settings are carefully chosen, combined with the highest possible camera FOV they work pretty well.

Default head tracking in DiRT 3 is similar, but there you have the option to use OpenTrack to emulate TrackIR input instead of vorpX for head tracking. Unfortunately D4 doesn’t have TrackIR support, so this option only works for D3.

Should be pretty straight forward to setup. Just start OpenTrack with the correct headset type selected and disable vorpX’s head tracking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!