Disable default profile

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Disable default profile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    apollon01
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

is it possible to disable default profile?

I searched the forum and similar questions were asked in the past with the reply that it was not possible. Has anything changed in this regard?

The thing is – I want to try the Deux Ex Mankind Divided in its native SBS mode. The default profile does not allow SBS. However, I want to use a user profile for Shadow of the Tomb Rider from dellrifter22 that can work with native SBS.

The Deus Ex Mankind Divided exe cannot be reassigned to another profile and the DXMD.exe cannot be deleted from the default profile.

If renamed, the game does not start (via Steam).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Milan

dellrifter22
    Participant

Hi apollon, Ralf mentioned recently that he is working on a way to unlock default profile exe’s, it’s just not quite ready yet. He wants to make sure the default profiles can be easily and safely restored should we mess something up.

In the meantime, one thing you could try is using the vorpX desktop viewer to play in SBS. It has basically the same options as the Tomb Raider profile, you’ll just need to adjust the settings a bit to suit your needs.

To get desktop viewer to work for me, I right click on the vorpX icon of system tray (by the clock) and click start viewer (works best if you only have one monitor setup). Once the viewer is displayed in my headset, I then Pause Watcher in vorpX tray so it will not attempt to hook DXMD.exe. Then proceed to launch Deus Ex as normal.

Once in game you can pull the vorpX delete menu and set set Stereo Type to Side by Side on the Image settings page. Now all you’ll need to do is adjust the size of the cinema screen to your liking.

Hope this helps for now.

apollon01
    Participant

Thanks dellrifter22, I will give it a shot today evening and report back.

Milan

apollon01
    Participant

Well… the Desktop viewer works and is able to display SBS, but the Deux Ex is severely cross-eyed. So I am back to Z-buffer.

Thanks in any case, dellrifter22.

Milan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!