disappointed in vorpx

Homepage Forums Technical Support disappointed in vorpx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aertonda
    Participant

I used Reshade and depth3d. I wanted to try Geometric 3D. Bought this one. And any title I try it either doesn’t have G3D, has no 3D, or when it has G3D it’s right eye is rendered with errors making it all useless. The new games it attaches to it shows 3D as OFF.
    It’s Z-Buffer 3D similar to reshade is rarely available. And even when it’s available like in cyberpunk, it’s nowhere near the depth of reshade. I can’t adjust important parameters. There is practically no support. I guess it works for a few titles listed, but that’s it. Honestly I regret buying it. The only consolation is that it’s another fellow programmer like me, let him earn something, I guess it works for somebody.

luka2099
    Participant

The newtests game work with dx12 that no have a g3d with vorpx. But dx9 dx10 and dx11 work with great 3d. Metro exodus titanfall 2 are the beat exemple

toga62
    Participant

I’m with you OP. I’m disappointed by this product too and feel like many of the youtubers who bragged about how amazing it is were extremely misleading in what it can do and how well it can do it. The software is buggy and not at all flexible enough. I thought I would have a lot more grainular control over stuff but constantly find myself restricted by the limited setting options available. Some settings appear to do absolutely nothing, and others are just duplications of others. The whole thing feels half baked to me and its been under development for almost a decade.

Worse is the lack of support. There is no wiki that I can find. There is no deep walkthroughs of how to use it either. Maybe there is but I can’t find it because it lacks any sort of modern means of communication. Everything is trapped in these ancient hard to navigate forums and there appears to be no interest in taking this content and building a community in a modern place like Reddit or a Discord server.

Maybe this software was great 3-5 years ago but I don’t think its worth the price now. I’ve been sitting with the sour taste for a few weeks now as I’ve spent way more time just trying to get it to work right than actually using it.

luka2099
    Participant

I have a Facebook group and youtube channel if you have a problem. For me vorpx work great and i cant stay whitout this!

aertonda
    Participant

Could you tell me the links to your facebook and youtube?

luka2099
    Participant
    Boblekobold
    Participant

@toga62 :
    You are too hard with VorpX. It’s a great software ! You simply don’t exactly know how to use it.

Anyway, there is no other software that allow you to play in Full VR, so there is no competition at all.

I don’t think the point of VorpX is to play in 3D. The point is to play in VR (full VR if it’s a First Person game).

It would be better if every game worked in 3D, but it’s probably hard to do. You must also consider than recent games with raytracing wouldn’t work so well because of current GPU.

splurk
    Participant

I’ve played CP2077, Farcry 6, and I’m playing Starfield with Vorpx, always with Z3D (G3D don’t work well or at all on this games for me). You may have issue, but usually things are really convincing.

I tried to use Reshade and Depth3D. Though this is a really interesting alternative and fully opensource, on Starfield I could not reach the same performances and quality as I have with Vorpx, stuck at less than 25FPS for a very low result in resolution.

So pros and cons as always. Reshade offers a lot of options to setup they 3D.

Make sure you explore the profiles from the cloud, otherwise the even Z3D won’t be always supported on various games.

Boblekobold
    Participant

Just tried Metro Last Light Redux (2 euro on Steam this week). It’s impressive. G3D seems perfect so far (First Level). I think the game is far less optimized than Metro Exodus, because it ask a lot to my RTX 4090 (even the best card possible is not enough to get the perfect resolution and framerate on Reverb G2). But it’s enough to be really good.
    I played in 2880×2160 ultra (I think I can still raise it a little bit more). I tried 3200*2400, it was visually perfect, but framerate was a bit low ‘^^

ToxicMike
    Participant

many of the youtubers who bragged about how amazing it is were extremely misleading in what it can do and how well it can do it.

Misleading? You were watching frigging Youtube-Videos for christ´s sakes, so are you telling me you were watching a blank screen the whole time and you haven´t seen what the youtoubers were “leading” you to?

The software is buggy and not at all flexible enough.

Seriously, stop whining like a fu***** cu**!

The whole thing feels half baked to me and its been under development for almost a decade.

Maybe your expectations were way too “over baked”.

Worse is the lack of support.

It can happen you aren´t getting all of your questions answered here.

There is no deep walkthroughs of how to use it either.

People who need walkthroughs are usually those who are really not getting things at all.

Everything is trapped in these ancient hard to navigate forums

You´re right, this forum really ain´t that good.

and there appears to be no interest in taking this content and building a community in a modern place like Reddit

Reddit? Are you fu**ing kiddin me? That political extremely left breeding place full with wannabe-toxic wiseguys who think they know it all better than the rest of the WWW?

Maybe this software was great 3-5 years ago but I don’t think its worth the price now.

I get the idea you´re living inside some weird and twisted parallel mirror-universe.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!