Dishonored FOV failing but works after i talk to a person

Homepage Forums Technical Support Dishonored FOV failing but works after i talk to a person

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nightfiree
    Participant

Pretty much explained in the title. But when i run the direct vr scan the rotation scan works then the fov scan fails three times. But if i talk to somebody and it runs the dialogue menu and then i leave and then do the scan it works. Any ideas?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Scanning the game memory lile vorpX does for Direct VR is not an entirely reliable process by nature. There are many variables involved that can make a particular scan fail while another one succeeds.

Hence the message in this regard that is displayed during each scan.

For Dishonored you can also adjust the FOV with the vorpX Game Optimizer in the config app, so a failing FOV scan isn’t too much of an issue here.

nightfiree
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I should have clarified, after i do the scan the headtracking doesnt work and vertical mouse movement is not disabled. I go into the settings and it says that i have head tracking on and that vertical mouse movement is stopped but its not the case, even when i switch them on and off. Tried toggling 3d geomtery, head tracking, but once that fov scan fails nothing works. Once it passes then head tracking works and vertical mouse movement is locked. So i basically cant play untill i talk to somebody and not every level starts w/ a conversation.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There probably isn’t much that can be enhanced in regard to the Dishonored scan profile, sorry – it’s pretty much optimized to death.

Like the message during the scan says the scan process is not 100% reliable by nature, there always is a chance of failure and it may even be the case that Direct VR doesn’t work at all for a specific configuration.

Unreal Engine games (like Dishonored) are a prime example of that since the memory locations used for FOV/rotation/position change on various occasions, making the whole thing even more difficult than for other games. I will check whether it is maybe possible to reproduce your issue here, but can’t promise anything. The warning message during each scan is there for a reason. :)

nightfiree
    Participant

Ile try a full restart to when i get home. Honestly dont drop to much time into it if thats the case. Was hoping it would be a simple “do this thing cuz i had the same issue”. Ile just move onto bioshock 2. :P i got plenty more to check out

BuckleBean
    Participant

I’ve had this issue a lot with Dishonored. The scan seems to be location dependent. Try moving somewhere else on the map and run the scan again. Try reloading an earlier save. Helps if you quicksave often. If you can’t get it working & you have the fov set as Ralf suggests, just go into the vorpx menu and turn directvr off. Head-tracking should be working again. Then play like this for a while and if you want, try driectvr after a couple minutes or after a new area loads.

nightfiree
    Participant

Yah buckle, once i got my ball mouse rolling (pun intended) i was able to progress w/ that fov and then do the scan. Basically found the exact same thing u did.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!