Diving 2008

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Diving 2008 (DGVoodoo2) – G3D

Sharks and fishes look huge in this simulation. The Diving DX8 simulator surprisingly made a good figur with DGVoodoo2. There is a slight “aura” around the diver when using 3rd person which couldnt be disabled but “for a quick dive” beetween sharks and sunken ships the game looks neat.

DgVoodoo2 required
    – 1rst and 3rd Person mode (not Full VR, just pull the cinema real close)
    – Make Screenresolution match with games resolution to correct mouse offset
    – Profile availiable from the cloud

burble744
    Participant

Looks interesting but 15 minutes of Googling has not located a game with this title and date. Would you be so kind as to clarify?

RJK_
    Participant

The game is also known as “Tauchen 2008” from Astragon. ISBN 978-3-938449-85-1 (9783938449851).

burble744
    Participant

Thank-you for taking the time to respond. This seems an incredibly obscure title. Half an hour of Googling with your additional information located a single used copy on sale in another country and it appears on physical media only. Looking at reviews from 2008 the reviews were middling / quite good, and the one diving title the publisher has released since then that is still available was slated by Steam reviewers. Your screenshots look good, but I’m wondering if I will be better off with something like Deep Diving Simulator which was made 11 years later and is currently on sale. Is anyone able to advise if this is VorpX friendly? The DLCs look rather interesting, and although there is a separately released VR variant, that looks less good. I’d love to find a diving experience as immersive and transformative as possible for realism rather than gameplay. At the moment The Blu is the gold standard in a limited field, but very short.

burble744
    Participant

Nevermind, Deep Diving Simulator VR variant I am guessing would work better than the non VR version plus VorpX – despite poor review feedback on its controls.

Beyond Blue looks a much better bet. I wonder is there any means of requesting an official profile from the developer – not sure which titles are selected for this purpose….

RJK_
    Participant

World of Diving seems to be a good candidate for a vorpX profile but unfortunately i dont own the game.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!