Divinity:OS2 – question and issue

Homepage Forums Technical Support Divinity:OS2 – question and issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jjensson
    Participant

I started playing Divinity: Original Sin 2, with the Steam Controller, and have the following two issues.

1) When i press the thumbstick, it opens the VorpX ingame menu, and there is a message that says that “short press for VorpX menu, long press for ingame command” and that i can change this in the VorpX menu settings. I tried finding the setting, but gave up after 10 minutes. I want to switch the function: short press = ingame key, long press = VorpX menu.

2) DOS2 is on the list of supported games, so i thought that it will be a great experience, but i’m disappointed. The shadows are wrong in G3D, they don’t match in both eyes, so i tried switching to Z3D. The result was: no stereo3D at all! Is the Z3D mode not supported in this game? Is there a way to fix the glitched shadows in G3D?

Ralf
    Keymaster

1) You can find the according settings on the ‘Input’ page of the ingame menu

2) Make sure to leave the ‘3D-Strength’ at its default value 1.0. As is is often the case with G3D, shadows will be slightly off, but that should be largely OK at default settings.

jjensson
    Participant

Thanks, Ralf.

1) I’ll try the Input page, although i didn’t find it there the first time.

2) I have not changed the 3D-Strength at all. What i changed was the dedicated shadows setting (2nd page, i think) and set it to “Auto”. I tried setting it back, but it has no effect at all. Or do i need to restart the game after that?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to reset the profile to default, my guess would be that the default shadow setting is ‘No S3D’.

I’ll check the profile whether maybe some game update broke shader definitions. I can’t really remember anymore how things were exactly with this profile, but in general you should get accustomed to slight shadow glitches in G3D. I know how hard that is for you. :)

jjensson
    Participant

I appreciate your help, Ralf. I’m a visual guy, yes, but if the shadows were slightly off, it would be OK. I had this with Witcher 2 G3D and it didn’t bother me much. With DOS2 though, i found it was distracting and stressful on the eyes.

I’ll reset the profile and try again.

Oh, and a pity that DOS2 doesn’t have a Z3D profile. I would’ve used that instead. :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don’t recall the glitches to be unusually bad at all TBH, otherwise the profile would not have been included. Also didn’t hear any complaints regarding the game so far and the profile isn’t exactly new. I only played the very beginning though, so maybe things get worse later.

Like said above, I’ll check the profile. Not now, but in the next days. Unfortunately game updates sometimes can break shader definitions. Maybe that’s the case here. In such a case shadows etc. have to be re-defined again.

Not sure whether Z3D would make much sense in this case, in top-down games the effect mostly isn’t too convincing. I’ll check that too.

As always no promises though.

jjensson
    Participant

Ralf, i think i tested all settings in the Input page, and none switches b/w long press and short press of the thumbstick (for the VorpX menu). Did the feature get removed perhaps?

Regarding the shadows, i did a reset of the profile, but it didn’t do much. They are significantly worse than the glitched shadows of Witcher 2, and i got a headache after 30 min of play.

I’m at the beginning of the game where i’m outdoors on a beach with bright sunlight and shadows everywhere.

Using the definitive edition BTW.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There should be an option named ‘vorpX Gamepad Buttons’ where you can switch between ‘Thumbstick’, ‘Start/Back’ and ‘Off’. Below that one are two more options that define what button does what if the prior isn’t set to ‘Off’.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!