DK1 no longer supported?

Homepage Forums Technical Support DK1 no longer supported?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    WalBao
    Participant

I’m on vorpx 16.2.0 and rift runtime 0.8, is the dk1 still supported? If not is there any way I can get an older version of vorpx? I understand vorpx moving forward and dropping support for the older prototypes but I’d like to get some more use out of my dk1 until oculus finally decides to ship the rift cv1 to my country.

edit: I’m posting this because whenever I try to use vorpx I get an error message saying “vorpX could not initialize your Oculus Rift. It reported:”. There is no reported reason and the dk1 is no longer available to be selected in general settings.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The latest vorpX does not work with DK1 anymore since the latest Oculus runtime does not work with it anymore. Please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com and this will get sorted out.

WalBao
    Participant

I did as soon as I made this post because I saw other people who had posted about the same issue before me weren’t getting responses from support. I’m in the same boat so far.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sorry. Could you please try again using the contact form in the support menu above? Either your mail got lost or maybe there is an issue with receiving mails from you in general. Ideally please also provide an alternative reply mail address, just in case the opposite is the case and you can’t receive mails to your normal address from us for some reason anymore.

WalBao
    Participant

I did use the form, I didn’t email support directly. I also didn’t get a confirmation email saying my request had been received or anything, should I try again?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, please try again. And ideally provide an alternative reply mail address in case you can’t receive mails from us for some reason with your primary address!

WalBao
    Participant

I did, still no reply from support in either email.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you provide an alternative mail address? If you sent several requests for a DK1 version, but didn’t get anything back, it’s highly likely that there is a problem with receiving mails from us. Ideally please provide a mail address from a huge e-mail provider (e.g. a Gmail address).

Just in case: please also double check your spam folder.

WalBao
    Participant

Yes I did provide an alternate email address, both the usual email I have and the alternate are from Gmail, I check my spam folder every day before deleting to avoid losing something important that might have been caught by the spam filter.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I just checked the e-mail archive for the mail address that you used to registered here at the forum. There is one mail from you dating April 2015 (sic!), nothing else unfortunately. I will send you the DK1 link to this address, hoping that it reaches you.

WalBao
    Participant

Thank you, I received an email from support with the links. I’ve sent all my emails about this dk1 issue through the contact form on the website so maybe if I had sent an email directly to support it might’ve worked?

gdog1229
    Participant

Could you maybe send me a link for the dk1 supported version of vorpx too

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!