DK2 Fallout 4 questions

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion DK2 Fallout 4 questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AlienAndy
    Participant

Hi all.

Firstly, can you look around with the headset when using the DK2 with Fallout 4 using Vorpx?

Also, when using Vorpx does it run at the same resolution Fallout 4 VR does? IE – the maximum the headset will allow? I bought Dirt Rally and the awful fuzzy textures really made me feel ill.

Thanks !

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

Yes, you can look around. You can set what ever resolution you prefer in the Vorpx menu as long as you add it as a custom resolution in windows.

AlienAndy
    Participant

Hi and thanks for the reply. I do, however, have another problem.

I noticed on Youtube that you need to enable the headset as a secondary display or something. However, with the latest version of Oculus (which I was forced into) I can no longer set up my DK2. It fails to pick up the USB3 or HDMI. It didn’t do this in prior versions. The headset still works, and I can use Oculus and Steam VR but yeah, can not configure it at all.

Does this mean I can’t use Vorpx?

Tiggerdyret
    Participant

How old is the video you are following? Is it before the official release of the CV1? You don’t need to do anything but toggle on “unknown sources” under settings > general in the Oculus app these days.

AlienAndy
    Participant

It’s pretty old. 2015, IIRC (the video). The strange part is that the headset, sensor and my Xbone wireless controller all show up in green and say “connected” and it works fine. I just can’t alter any settings in Oculus, because it wants me to set it up and it won’t.

I can load Fallout 4 VR and it works great and looks fantastic, I just can’t do anything hahaha. Well, other than looking around :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!