DK2, Razer Hydra and steamvr

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion DK2, Razer Hydra and steamvr

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    edemuss
    Participant

Hi all, been using vorpx with my DK2 for a year now and recently picked up a Razer Hydra for not a lot of cash, using the steamvr Hydra driver they work great in steamvr titles (currently skyrimvr).

However I can’t use them with vorpx because Oculus see’s steamvr as a running app so won’t then start anything from the Oculus dash.

Is there a known workaround or am I doing something silly. The hydras are recognised and mapped as Vive wands for what it’s worth.
    Cheers in advance for any thoughts or insights!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a guess, so it may or may not help, but I would suspect that for this setup you would have to use vorpX in SteamVR mode and then launch your games directly from the Windows Desktop.

edemuss
    Participant

Well I tested black mesa by launching oculus dash, then vorpx, then steamvr and then the desktop icon. Vorpx hooked on perfectly and it loaded up fine, obviously because I was starting steamvr from the Oculus dash it wouldn’t then allow another app; no problems running both concurrently though. Can’t recall if the headset is set as a steamvr or oculus in the config though.

Although it’s all loaded up, the controllers are not responding. I’ve set them as Vive wands in the in-game config but I don’t know if the bindings will translate as they’re emulated controllers. What would be the typical control scheme for motion controllers in an fps? I’ve never used any beforehand so not sure what I should be aiming for. As there are no independent hand movements then VR motion controllers are not required?

Perhaps I should ignore using them as VR motion controllers and just use the original Razer drivers and set up a profile for them specific to hl2/black mesa?

RadWavingSnutes
    Participant

Did you ever find a solution to this? I find the WMR controllers less than ideal, the button mapping I still haven’t really figured out yet. Adding the Hydra is putting another hurdle on the track to get things working but I think it’d be worth it.

However it doesn’t seem that the Hydras recognize that a game is running because it stays in desktop mode, with no game function inputs and stuff like volume control and keyboard.

It’d be great if at least one of the controller options available just worked like standard controllers, without any of the buttons remapped or reconfigured. A lot of the times I find myself juggling WMR contollers, an Xbox gamepad, and a keyboard and mouse all while trying to aim the cursor using the headset. It’s frustrating.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!