DK2 Windows 10 Late 2017

Homepage Forums Technical Support DK2 Windows 10 Late 2017

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cptnapples
    Participant

Hey Ralf and Team,

Apologies if this question has already been answered…I’ve been troubleshooting this for days!

I have a DK2 with a Windows 10 machine (970GTX/AMD Phenom). Works fine with Oculus home. However, I’m unable to get Vorpx to launch with any games outside of Oculus home (interestingly enough…it attempts to inject itself into Lucky’s Tale).

Outside of Oculus home, the DK2 isn’t recognized as a monitor (I believe this is because they removed “Extended Mode”.) If this is the case, how are we to launch games outside of Oculus Home? Everything I’ve read indicates making the DK2 the primary monitor an essential part of the process for Vorpx.

Already attempted fresh installs of Oculus Home. Installing the .8 runtime from Oculus’ site has rendered my tracking sensor “off” for the time being (probably needs a fresh install of Oculus Home).

Any insight you could share would be immensely appreciated! Apologies again if this has been answered already and I’ve somehow missed the post!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Extended mode has long been deprecated. The DK2 should work in Direct Mode with the latest Oculus Software, it definitely did until quite recently. Oculus Home will show a warning that you use an unsupported headset, but that can be ignored.

If you have an older beta Oculus runtime installed (e.g. 0.8), make sure to remove it before reinstalling the Oculus software.

cptnapples
    Participant

Hey Ralf,

Wanted to follow up and thank you for steering me in the right direction. I was simply overthinking this process and I’m stunned/shocked/thrilled at how seamless VorpX is injecting itself in various titles! Things are working as intended again! :)

Thanks again! Thrilled with the product and your support as always!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!