Does anyone enjoy aliens colonial marines?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Does anyone enjoy aliens colonial marines?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    inspired1981
    Participant

Hi all, last I remember alien colonial marines left a lot to be desired but after watching beardo benjo’s vorpx video he seemed to have enjoyed it for the most part. I want to give it a go but I have a few questions maybe I can get answers for here.

I have a low to mid tier pc i7 9700k/ 2070 super/rift s.

Does vorpx have an official profile?
    Hows performance?
    Can I play with mods? (Dumb Ai)

I guess that’s it. Tysm

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is an official profile with the best possible DirectVR support available, even including automatic weapon hide. Also the .ini tweak that supposedly fixes the AI gets applied by vorpX. With a decent GPU you can easily run the game at 90FPS with high resolutions.

inspired1981
    Participant

Ralf thanks for your work and for always being there. I will give this a try today.

VRified Games
    Participant

One of my favorite vorpx adaptations

Game is terrible in pancake mode

Fantastic in VR

Strange but true

inspired1981
    Participant

Very excited

inspired1981
    Participant

So far I’m really enjoying the experience. I cant believe this is in VR lol

I do have a question. Is there any way to stop from zooming in when sprinting?

Also, are you guys getting a true smooth experience or does it feel a little jittery? I’m wondering if its possible to get it as smooth as alien isolation on vr. Any advice?

inspired1981
    Participant

I got it pretty damn smooth at 80 fps (rift s) during crazy moments fps dips down to 40ish but then goes back up. Resolution at 2560×1440 but I may have to bring her down to 1920×1080 if I wanna keep a solid 80 fps.

THEEE best experience so far. Absolutely true vr and i am a VR vet since the dk1.

Good job Vorpx!!!

VRified Games
    Participant

Try a 4:3 aspect ratio because in 16:9 the game is rendering but you can’t see it….in other words you are wasting resources 😂 and that way killing frames

Try 1600 x 1200

See do your frames improve :-)

As for zoom when sprinting….i don’t think so, but there may be a mod out there somewhwre

inspired1981
    Participant

I actually had an incident where the scan failed on FOV so I set the FOV in game and when I sprinted it did not zoom in. It was perfect. Then I tried to scan and it all 3 were successful so I had to revert the ingame FOV back but the sprint zoom was back again.

Something to think about. I’ll fiddle with it again tomorrow. Thanks

kjracing81
    Participant

This game would be perfect if not for the zoom in while sprinting, most games suffer with zoom when going scoped.

steph12
    Participant

i’m having lot of fun with this game and vorpx, thanks Ralf.
    however i noticed an issue with directVR positional tracking, if i disable positional tracking, guess what ? it still works and actually works.

but if i enable it, it doesnt work at all and directvr fails all the time positional tracking.
    something is not right dont you think ?

it’s not the only game for which i noticed this “bug”.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There are two kinds of positional tracking:

1. The default G3D pos tracking: pro: works with any G3D game in principle, con: may introduce visual glitches (and often does in newer games with complex shadow/lighting systems).

2. DirectVR pos tracking (where available): pros: also works with Z3D, no visual glitches by design, con: as always with the memory scanner, scanning may fail occasionally.

If the default pos tracking works well enough in a game, you don‘t really have to worry about a DirectVR pos tracking fail. Provided default G3D pos tracking is enabled in a profile, vorpX automatically falls back to that when a scan failed.

steph12
    Participant

ok, yes default positional tracking works great in that game, didnt notice any graphical glitches, very fun game to play and with motion controlers, maybe i should wait for gesture system tho ahah.

moarveer
    Participant

Has anyone tried this with Vorpx? : https://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul

steph12
    Participant

yep it works

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!