Does Metro 2033 Redux have full Directvr support?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Does Metro 2033 Redux have full Directvr support?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rift_un
    Participant

According to :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/17I07-RpOsVpc1XzswJ4zobAisT0ouoONXeNwGDjqDI0/htmlview#gid=0

it does but when i try it only 1 of the 3 categories appears in the directvr scan, i think only rotation works. The positional and fov categories don’t even appear. Directvr works brilliantly in the other metro games (metro last light redux, metro exodus).

Can anyone test this? Ralf? Or if u have the game?

rift_un
    Participant

Note, the problem is the game is too zoomed in and warping appears when i look around. I assume if directvr is fully supported then this wouldn’t happen.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You have to restart the came once (or maybe twice). FOV adjustment is done via an .ini tweak in this case. Whenever vorpX changes settings that make a restart necessary, it displays an according message in the headset as well as in the top/left corner of the game window.

If you happen to have disabled automatic settings, mahe sure to re-enable them. Automated setting often are crucial for FOV adjustment and other important things.

rift_un
    Participant

I’ve restarted it 3 times, no luck. I don’t recall seeing the FOV tweak & restart message when I first started it. I’m using GOG version. I’ve checked vorpx local and cloud profiles for this game and I don’t think they exist – they exist for “Metro 2033” but my game is the enhanced version, “Metro 2033 Redux”.

There’s profiles for “Metro Redux” but I think they are for Metro Last Light Redux (there were 6 base games in the series; Metro 2033, Metro 2033 Redux, Metro Last Light, Metro Last Light Redux, Metro Exodus, Metro Exodus Enhanced).

EDIT: When i go into vorpx restore game settings, Metro 2033 Redux is not there. I’m downloading Metro 2033 (non redux version) to see if it works, i think it will.

rift_un
    Participant

Yeh for Metro 2033 (non redux version) Vorpx changes the FOV correctly so it works ok. That google spreadsheet I linked above is wrong I think.

rift_un
    Participant

I bought Metro 2033 Redux on Steam for a few pounds, it works fine, so it looks like GOG version was the problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!