Does >observer_ work with vorpX?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Does >observer_ work with vorpX?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Borvath
    Participant

>observer_ is a cyberpunk horror game made by the creators of the Layers of Fear. While it is not a known game, it has very high reviews, it is a hidden gem. You could add -vr at launch settings and it would work for the Rift, but they “fixed” this with a patch. It is a Unreal Engine 4 game, so would it work with vorpX? There are many people in its official steam forums who want VR support for this game, but the developers are silent. It is a great atmospheric game, so I think it would be great if it was one of the official supported games from vorpX. There is also a %50 discount on Steam right now.

SJD1969
    Participant

Agreed!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Observer was checked before the last update, but unfortunately there is no way to adjust the FOV. Long story short: with a sad heart I decided to not include it as an oficially supported title in the end since the profile would most likely not have met the expectations of those who knew the prior official VR mode.

Borvath
    Participant

Can you at least release the most complete as possible profile without the official vorpX name on it in the cloud.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll think about it. That’s all I can promise for now.

sapolettos
    Participant

i’ve played all observer via an old oculus support inside the game.

uplate
    Participant

Observer was checked before the last update, but unfortunately there is no way to adjust the FOV. Long story short: with a sad heart I decided to not include it as an oficially supported title in the end since the profile would most likely not have met the expectations of those who knew the prior official VR mode.

But for those of us who never got the chance to develop expectations, it might be worth a bang :)

i’ve played all observer via an old oculus support inside the game.

Yes, you are one of the lucky few who got to check it out via the old -vr trick before they patched it. Seeing how cool it was before they patched it is what is driving the charge to get it supported in vorpX.

Borvath
    Participant

I bought the game after they patched it, so I have no experience of it in VR. I can only imagine how good would it be in VR, even if it would have a low FOV.

Borvath
    Participant

Also, I’ve read that using -vr trick broke the UI, which I don’t think will be a problem with vorpX. It wasn’t perfect before, it doesn’t has to be perfect now.

matteo39
    Participant

I’VE FINISHED observer in vr, with some UI problem, but i’ve finished it.

you can still play observer in vr if you can downgrade the game to an older version, search the “web” … … …

Borvath
    Participant

How was the UI problem, I have heard that a part of it was not visible, like it is hidden?

Kay90
    Participant

Hello, I can’t make it work the profile with Epic games edition, any help?

Kay90
    Participant

Ah done. I had to wait real gameplay and VR starts!

dborosev
    Participant

Sounds like a good cinema mode candidate.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!