Does VorpX work with PSVR visually yet?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Does VorpX work with PSVR visually yet?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    HeyDuhh
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I know head tracking with PSVR isn’t working on PC yet, but does it visually work?

I just wanna strap my headset on and play some games just for the visuals, Ill use my mouse or controller to move around.

Thanks everyone, excited to join the community!

Steve

HeyDuhh
    Participant

Well I bought it anyways and doesn’t look like it does :(

Here is to supporting you and hoping you can get this to work soon!

Ralf
    Keymaster

The next vorpX will have an additional headset type called “Generic HMD [unsupported]”. It only does stereo rendering and customizable lens distortion on the PC-monitor without head tracking and can be used for PSVR experiments and smartphone VR (the latter will require an additional streaming app).

This device won’t have all features of Oculus/Vive and as the name suggests will not be supported in any way, but it will be nice for those who want to do out-of-the-box experiments.

Official PSVR support won’t be added unless there is a way to get head tracking working.

HeyDuhh
    Participant

Can’t thank you enough. Was a little sad it wasn’t working when I bought it yesterday, but you seemed positive in previous points adding something for PSVR.

Do you have a time line for this release?

Thanks for your support and reply!

jason002
    Participant

Playstion VR headtracking does work with the PC. See this link:

PC PSVR Head Tracker Mouse solution for VR games
    by u/rivenphoenix in PSVR

I would love to see official support for the Playstation VR.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads-up. I don’t have a PSVR yet, but once I can get hold of one, I’ll check this. If it’s easy enough for the average user to get PSVR working with this, official PSVR support definitely will be considered.

smg.cavou
    Participant

Please make this posible please,i just upgraded from oculus rift dk1 to the psvr and the image is beatiful the head traking works perfect for me with the PSVR Head Tracker Mouse , momentan im using tridef to play my games :( but is not so imersive like the Vorpx and i have Vorpx i use to hook it up with my dk1 and stil got it on my pc but has no psvr support,i hope we have some great news from you soon :)

smg.cavou
    Participant

and the PSVR is half of the price of the Oculus rift Cv1 and btw PSVR have no screen door but then again i did not test the Cv1 is to expensive :( and i think alot of peoples will go with the psvr just for the price and the quality is still good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!