Don’t change resolution

Homepage Forums Technical Support Don’t change resolution

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    slydog43
    Participant

Trying to finish up Half-life 2 with vorpx but have a few issues. Got everything looking great with FullScreen custom resolutions (2560×1920) in fullVR mode. Works great, but my trouble is I have to change to that resolution everytime I start a game. I know there was an option to turn off “vorpx changing resolution” somewhere, but I can’t seem to find it anymore. Any ideas on this? thanks

slydog43
    Participant

Or maybe make a config file Read Only?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX does not change the resolution in Half-Life 2. Whenever it does you see a notification stating that in he top left corner of the game window.

slydog43
    Participant

ok, sorry I thought it was vorpx changing it. I see now that everytime I try and change the resolution to a 4×3 and 2560×1920 it runs great, but after I quit and restart the game its back to a widescreen 1920×1080 resolution. Is there a simple fix?

slydog43
    Participant

Others have to have this issue, not that its that big a deal, just I only play a few minutes a day and I have to change to 4×3 and then set the resolution in HL2, episode 1 and so far behave the same way. Can I make an ini file read only or something?

Minabe
    Participant

It’s for Half Life but it should still work for most games (the commands i mean), link

slydog43
    Participant

Thanks, but I tried that. I used “-normal -w 2560 -h 1920” without the double quotes, but whenever I start a game it “resets” to widescreen 1920 x 1080.

Anyother ideas?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please first check whether you added 2560×1920 as custom resolution to your display driver. If you did not do that yet, you can find a step-by-step guide in the vorpX help under “Custom Resolutions”.

If you already added the resolution to your display driver, you might have to set your desktop resolution to 2560×1920 before launching the game. Some, mostly older, games have the unfortunate habit of considering the current desktop resolution the maximum allowed instead of checking what is available.

slydog43
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, that was it. I guess I will make a little AHK script to change desktop resolution and then run Half-Life. Unless you have a better idea on how to automate this. (almost done with Episode 1, so really only going to use for episode 2, just wanted to know the reason, so now I am happy, thanks)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!