Doom 3 (non bfg version)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Doom 3 (non bfg version)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JESUSTAYS
    Participant

It is a big hit on the quest via sidequest but it doesnt work on pcvr. The quest mod will not play most mods. The pc version will. But we dont have a pcvr version of original doom3. So anybody could see about getting orig doom 3 pc in vr ? Please and thanks.

jjensson
    Participant

Is the Fully Posessed mod only for BFG? Why do you not want the BFG version of D3, is it worse than the original? (i’m probably confusing all those mods and versions…)

jjensson
    Participant

NVM. I just researched the topic: The VR mods are for the BFG version of Doom 3. But i don’t see the problem: Doom 3 BFG has better lighting and better gameplay anyway.

Given that neither VorpX nor HelixVision will run Doom 3, you really have only 2 choices. Play it native on Quest (you lose stencil shadows, the signature shadows of Doom 3), or play Doom 3 BFG w- VR mod (you still can play wireless).

Anyone correct me, please, if i’m spreading wrong info here.

Ogrescar
    Participant

There’s a non-BFG Doom 3 profile in the cloud that sort of works if you like walking a foot above ground. The VR-modded BFG version is a lot better. I haven’t tried, but Doom 3 would probably work with superdepth3dvr – Doom 2016 works quite well in that regard.

RJK_
    Participant

The BFG VR mod is excellent (and free) but you need to reconfig your settings if you want to use a mouse+keyboard.

magicmars
    Participant

Hey RJK, thanks for fixing all of the games that you do. Sorry to hijack this, but how do I open a topic on the support forums? I can’t find the option anywhere

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Thanks for all the replies. The bfg version doesnt have mods. Not like the regular normal doom 3 version. Mods like prometheus and blade yautja. These are very detailed movie mods better looking than doom 3. And phantasm mod for doom 3 which recreates the movies as a game.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!