doom eternal engine

Homepage Forums Technical Support doom eternal engine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    slydog43
    Participant

Doom eternal comes out today. Wondering if anyone knows if it will ever work with vorpx. I see the min requirements is DirectX11, but I thought there were rumors of Vulcan support. Game looking so nice and would love to play in VR (hell I don’t ever want to play games on the screen again)

steph12
    Participant

i’m afraid we wont be able to play that game in VR for the time being.

slydog43
    Participant

Yeah I just found out that its Directx12 Only. ust played a few minutes and must say its awesome. I really don’t want to play it 2d though and will wait until VorpX supports Directx-12. I have too many games to play anyways. Thanks

jjensson
    Participant

Oh well… If it’s not working with VorpX, i’m honestly not interested in Doom Eternal. I have lost all joy for gaming on a flat screen, it feels like a big step backwards. []-)

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Yeah, it’s rough going backwards, or downright impossible. I grabbed a FFB wheel the moment GT4 came out and supported it, and there is simply no way I can enjoy any kind of a racing game or sim anymore without good FFB. Then I started stereoscopic gaming with GT5 on PS3 and simultaneously on PC through third-party software (there were essentially zero stereoscopic PC games at that time). I haven’t played any “flat” games since except a handful of classics that have been ported to portable devices (Baldur’s Gate etc.)

I don’t know if ReShade will work with Doom Eternal, but you could try alternative methods of forcing stereoscopic play if you don’t mind it being z-buffer only and not full VR. Worth a shot if you are tenacious and absolutely determined to dive into Doom Eternal as soon as possible.

jjensson
    Participant

Nah, i can wait. Plenty of other (more important) games to play RN. But thanks for reminding me that there are some other options out there, for trying to get working some of the few games that don’t get VorpX support (ReShade, HelixVision).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!