Double vision -All time (not just in game)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Double vision -All time (not just in game)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    simonzzzzz
    Participant

Hello,

I installed vorpx earlier and set the configurations according to the documentation. It was fine, but the next time i put on my DK2, i’m having a double vision problem (not just in games. All time. Even the extended desktop is double visioned as well. The same with every game). I do not remember the exact time that the problem first occurred. It could be the moment which i ended skyrim and took off my DK2, or it could be when i started minecraft (i started the game on the main monitor, dragged it into Dk2, and by the time i put on my DK2 to play the game, there was the problem already). I have tried to set the display mode to HMD, and there won’t be any problem. However, once i switch it back to extend mode, i get the same double vision. My configurations are as below: (In extended mode)

http://puu.sh/dpsT2/870811d0a7.jpg
    http://puu.sh/dpsWM/a5e88f8b35.png
    http://puu.sh/dpsYS/1d170e9244.jpg

Please help me!

simonzzzzz
    Participant

//updated

I ran skyrim again, and found out that, to my surprise, it does not give me double vision.

However, after quitting skyrim, i still get double vision on the desktop, and the same with any other game.

Now that i think about it, skyrim did require me to calibrate by pressing space + shift.

I’m certain that skyrim must have changed some settings, but i don’t know which, or how to change it back.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX does not work on the desktop, so that is normal.

If you have difficulties converging in games that inject properly (show two images side by side), please check the following things:

1. Make sure to run every game at 1920×1080 fullscreen (DK2).
    2. Do not use an Oculus profile in the vorpX config app, instead
    3. Adjust your IPD (interpupillary distance) manually.

The latter can either be done in the config app or with direct feedback on the display page of the vorpX ingame menu.

simonzzzzz
    Participant

Hello.
    I am running my games in 1920 x 1080 fullscreen, and also not using an oculus profile. I adjusted my IPD to 60 manually. Still, the images are shown side by side.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can you post a screenshot (for example done with FRAPS) or a photo from inside the Rift? If it’s not an IPD issue, I’m not sure whether I understand your problem.

simonzzzzz
    Participant

When i run the games, if i look through the lenses, the screen is miss- aligned. This means, if i close my left eye, i see only the right half of the screen. If i close my right eye, i see only the left half of the screen.

I believe that even if i take a screenshot you won’t be able to see the issue, since on the monitor it would just be one screen that’s not splitted in two halves. Only when i look through the lenses do i see the screen in two halves.

blueicevirus
    Participant

When i run the games, if i look through the lenses, the screen is miss- aligned. This means, if i close my left eye, i see only the right half of the screen. If i close my right eye, i see only the left half of the screen.

I believe that even if i take a screenshot you won’t be able to see the issue, since on the monitor it would just be one screen that’s not splitted in two halves. Only when i look through the lenses do i see the screen in two halves.

exact same problem!!!!!

blueicevirus
    Participant

I would explain it more as its showing full screen on the rift not in a 3d mode, therefor you see the left half with the left and etc.

simonzzzzz
    Participant

Seems like i’m not the only one with this issue. Please help us!

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m still not sure whether I understand the problem. If a game does not show two similar images side by side but instead is displayed like on a normal monitor, vorpX did not hook into the game at all. vorpX is only working when two circular and lens-warped images are visible.

If that is not the case for multiple games, please check the trouble shooting guide in the help. Among other things it lists possible causes for vorpX not hooking into games. The most likely cause is that a program is running that interferes with vorpX.

simonzzzzz
    Participant

I literally did everything in the trouble shooting guide step by step just now, but the problem still persists.

The problem is exactly like what blueicevirus described, and seemed to be the case in your description (If a game does not show two similar images side by side but instead is displayed like on a normal monitor).

I’d also like to add that not all games are having this issue. As far as i know:

The DK2 config demo works fine
    The Truscany demo from Oculus Share works fine
    The Miku Entertainment demo from Oculus Share works fine
    The minecoaster demo from Oculus Share works fine
    The AAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaaAAAAculus demo from Oculus Share IS HAVING THIS ISSUE, although it works fine under direct HMD mode. I’ve not tested this before i ran skyrim, so i’m not sure if it was having the problem before.

The minecrift game from Oculus Share is HAVING THIS ISSUE, although it worked fine before i ran skyrim. Minecrift doesn’t have a direct HMD mode so i couldn’t conduct more tests on it.

The Ocean Rift game from Oculus Share works fine

These are games i’ve tested so far.

simonzzzzz
    Participant

Also, i’ve tried linking AAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAAAculus to vorpx using the shortcut method, still didn’t work (i tried creating shortcut for both the game’s .exe file and the directToOculus.exe file.)

blueicevirus
    Participant

I cant even get Steamvr to converge correctly

blueicevirus
    Participant

BINGO!

I got it working. I had to kill all kinds of stuff in the taskman. I killed all nvidia stuff except the settings process. Kill as much as you can really. Now, Im going to try SteamVR

blueicevirus
    Participant

I uninstalled the 3d driver for nvidia also.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!