Dragon Age Inquisition – unable to hook

Homepage Forums Technical Support Dragon Age Inquisition – unable to hook

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mordraug
    Participant

I’m unable to hook to DAI by any means,
    When I try to launch the game, it opens small black window and after short while expands it, with black in top left and white everywhere else, at this point it’s already not responding. With watcher paused, game runs fine.
    My setup:
    Windows 10 64bit
    RTX 2080ti
    Ryzen 7 2700x
    Steam VR headset

What I tried/checked so far:
    -Game runs in DX11 mode.
    -I tried disabling every single one overlay that could interfere (Discord, Nvidia, Xbox game bar, origin, MSI Afterburner, Riva tuner)
    -I tried both hooking modes, same thing happens with normal and alternative one
    -I tried switching between fullscreen and windowed, didnt help
    -I tried “delaying” attaching by pausing watcher and resuming it after starting game. Now this helped a bit, first of all if I waited too long, it wouldnt attach at all, but game runs fine. If I resume watcher right after starting it, before window appears, It attaches and even shows image in my headset, but window has no focus and won’t receive any input that way, and as soon as I click on it, it becomes unresponsive.

So, what should I do next?

moadepth
    Participant

Hi which Steam Vr headset you mean (Index)? What is watcher ? Have you tried run all clients i.e. steamVr and in my case WMR in advance ? Any working games till now ?

Mordraug
    Participant

Yeah, Index. Actually I was able to run it after lots of testing. Apparently borderless windowed and windowed modes are not the same, windowed mode seems to be working, however I can’t get full resolution with it. :/

moadepth
    Participant

Maybe theres a option in the VorpX menu(press del) overriding your ingame settings ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Mordraug: Just checked this and can confirm that fullscreen does not work, windowed however works fine. You can adjust the window size freely with the mouse like an application window. Has to be done after each game launch.

BTW: The next vorpX version will come with better Z3D base parameters for the game, the current profile has too little depth near the camera.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!