Dragon Age Origins: Mouse Pointer missing

Homepage Forums Technical Support Dragon Age Origins: Mouse Pointer missing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JochenH
    Participant

I bought the Origin version of DA Origins and installed it. Runs fine on my W10 system. I just saved a game and quit.

Then I start VorPx and my Oculus Rift and it connects perfectly. Game loads in Cinema Mode and the starting screen appears with the options like “continue game” “start new game” …

Usually I use the mouse pointer to click on one of the options, but the mouse pointer is not there. Its also not there on my computer screen, which mirrors what I am doing. So I cannot select an option and be stuck.

Can someone help me? Of course I tried the game several times without my Oculus Rift and ist just starts, the mouse pointer is there and I can continue playing.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Normally you should see a vorpX mouse pointer, the usual mouse pointer in many games can’t be stereo duplicated. Try ALT+C if it’s invisible, although I’m pretty sure that in DA:Origins the auto detection should work fine.

JochenH
    Participant

Thanks for the fast reply Ralf! You recommended the “ALT+C” option before but it does nothing.

Its quite strange since the game runs perfectly okay and VorPx has no problem to start it. I sit there in Cinema Mode, look at the screen and have no mouse pointer. “Alt+C” does nothing.

Any more ideas? I think other people play DA Origins and it works well. I REALLY want to play it in VR!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Can’t replicate this. One thing you could try is switching between windowed/fullscreen. You can do that either with the game’s config tool ([GameDir]\bin_ship\DAOriginsConfig.exe) or by pressing ALT+ENTER ingame. For me it worked both fullscreen and windowed though.

Also als always: if you have mods installed, remove them to check whether maybe one interferes in some odd way. Seems unlikely to me in this case, but worth a shot if you use mods.

JochenH
    Participant

I tried to open the game in the window. Still the same effect that no mouse pointer shows up.

I did not install any mods, just the plain Origin version and directly start it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I checked the game after your initial post, but cannot replicate your issue at all unfortunately, so there isn’t really much help I can offer right away. Apart from the above you might want to try a factory reset (config app > trouble shooting), just in case there is some really odd issue, e.g. the cursor texture being missing for some reason.

If you want, you can also create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app and send that to support at vorpx com. I’d like to compare your log file with a working case. If your log file shows anything unusual, that might help to determine if there is some issue that can be addressed in a future vorpX version or not.

tiger5181125
    Participant

Im having the same issue with this game and some other games. There are other games where the mouse cursor works fine. It seems that on the games where the mouse pointer disappears Im also not able to use the hotkeys like alt-f and alt-c etc. Ive played with the setting alt overide on and off and I cant get it to work in any of the games with the issue. so maybe it would come back if i could press alt c.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately I have never been able to replicate this issue in any game at all. Typically vorpX should be able to detect whether/when it has to display its own cursor. In case that fails the ALT+C shortcut can be used to invert the automatic decision. I don’t really have a clue what could go wrong with that in the first place TBH.

If you want, send me a list of the games in question to support |at| vorpx com and I’ll take a look at them.

If you happen to use a multimonitor system, it might be worth to try with just one monitor, just in case retrieving the cursor position gets somehow screwed up due to an unusual multimonitor config. Just a guess since I was never able to replicate that either, but that’s more or less the only thing I could imagine to fail in this regard at least theoretically.

Also trying games both windowed and fullscreen might be worth a shot for similar reasons.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!