Dragon Age: Origins not starting

Homepage Forums Technical Support Dragon Age: Origins not starting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    PrimeTinus
    Participant

Hi,

I have issues with getting Dragon Age Origins to run. I have the Ultimate Steam version and I receive this error message:

“An error occurred while updating Dragon Age: Origins – Ultimate Edition (app running)”

Other games are working, no mods are installed (did a clean install before posting to this forum)

steph12
    Participant

i also tried playing dragon age origins with vorpx, steam version and the game keep starting and closing forever, it just goes to the first splashing logo screen then close and restart endlessly.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s some pretty messed up issue with Steam first starting the game, then the game starting EA Origin and ending itself and afterwards Origin launching the game again. Not much that can be done. Similar Steam/Origin issues occur with other EA games (e.g. Mass Effect 2).

Get the Origin edition at a sale, it works just fine. Steam edition needs to be uninstalled or the start process will get even more convoluted.

Alternatively get the GOG version which comes without DRM and avoids all such problems altogether.

For Ubisoft/EA games it’s generally best to buy them directly in their respective storefronts to avoid any potential issues due to the double-DRM.

steph12
    Participant

alright, thank you Ralf for the answer :)

PrimeTinus
    Participant

Thanks for your info Ralf.

I tried running the game with the non VORPX cloud profile, don’t know the name, but that one actually did work! The 2D buttons and text are not very easy to read, but it works. So that’s great,

Thanks,

PrimeTinus

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll check that.

BTW: If you play in cinema mode, there is a magnifier to help with small text (EdgePeek key). The magnification factor can be adjusted with SHIFT+mousewheel.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The official cloud profile has been updated and should work again with the Steam version. The user profile you used is rather old, it probably makes sense to use the official one due to a couple of fixes that were done since then.

Thanks again for the hint!

steph12
    Participant

amazing ! :D thank you very much Ralf once again for the fast support :)

PrimeTinus
    Participant

I’ve tested the new profile and it works flawlessly, can now even read the 2d text, thank you for your quick support. I’m going to enjoy this in 3d

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!