DX12 and Vulkan API support for games like Cyberpunk 2077?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion DX12 and Vulkan API support for games like Cyberpunk 2077?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rustysalter
    Participant

Is it in the works at all? From my understanding newer games like Cyberpunk 2077 would be awesome in VR but they might be incompatible with Vorpx due to not being DX11 titles?

slydk1982
    Participant

I hope for vulkan support aswell.. This way we could play Rage 2 and Doom eternel

dborosev
    Participant

Cyberpunk 2077 might be the game that gives Ralf the big enough reason he’s been looking for.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’m starting to fear it may be very possible Cyberpunk will indeed require dx12. If it ever actually comes out that is…

Two big new titles Gears 5 and the New Call of Duty are now requiring dx12. Apparently Microsoft will provide a way to port dx12 to windows 7 (to widen the compatibility margin), but it will be 12 all the same. I fear this may be the trend for AAA games going forward into the new generation.

From what I understand, bringing 12 to vorpX will be no easy task and take considerable time, and there haven’t been enough titles to justify it. It might soon be time to start thinking about it though, and hopefully we’ll have heard about possibilities a year from now.

In the mean time, I guess we start praying that next gen games get delayed while we enjoy the vast library we already have :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!