DX12 and Vulkan API support when?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion DX12 and Vulkan API support when?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rustysalter
    Participant

I’d love to hear it that it’s on the to do list within the next 5 years

steph12
    Participant

with latest update, implementation of DX12 is in, it’s still the beginning of its support, meaning (according to Ralf) basic support for now, Z3D only.

i agree that vulkan support would be great, but i’m already very happy about that DX12 support.

dborosev
    Participant

You know whats weird? When my RDR updated last, it reset all my graphics settings to LOW. And also Vulcan instead of directx. But VorpX was still running fine on Vulcan before I figured it out.

steph12
    Participant

haha, yes it’s weird indeed ^^
    and you still had Z3D working ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ dborosev: vorpX automatically sets the renderer to DX12.

rustysalter
    Participant

So we can already use dx12? That is great news if so thank you once again Ralf for the amazing product!

dellrifter22
    Participant

Think of it in beta phase, with very basic functionality, a couple quirks, and Z3D only. The new RDR2 one is the only dx12 available profile atm, so usability with other games right now may be limited.

But yes, very exciting, and a pleasant surprise from Ralf. I’m super grateful it made it in time for Red Dead. It will hold my attention for many weeks to come.

I am a bit curious though if anyone has tried Modern Warfare with it yet. Would be sweet to see that campaign if it does work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!