Edge peak – new and old behavior

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Edge peak – new and old behavior

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bluepill
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

first of all: brilliant program; vorpX! Recently finished Advanced Warfare single player entirely with my DK2 using VorpX:-) Now enjoying GTA V with it.

Now the issue:
    since version 0.7.5 (I think), the edge peak changed. (activated with middle mouse)

Before 0.7.5 –> edge peak zoomed out a little bit (+ you could still zoom in/out in edge peak mode?)
    So you could really read the small texts at the edge of the screen. Very useful.

After 0.7.5 (and definitely in the 0.8.0 / 0.8.1) –> edge peak zooms out extremely and is useless for reading text in the edge of the screen. Text is too small (problems in Mass effect, GTA V etc. etc. any game with small text at the screen edges)

Am I doing something wrong or is this something that could be changed back to the old edge peak behavior?

Best Regards,
    Jasper (Paying Customer)

Karlor
    Participant

It now has a default of 3D edge peek with ambience mode. You can adjust all this in game with vorpX menu (del). You can switch back to flat or zoom in and out. Not sure the hotkeys work but I never zoom with them. They should, maybe they changed, you can chck in the hotkey section in vorpX config tool.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I just want to add that “Enable expert settings” has to be checked in the config app to make the EdgePeek options available. With expert settings enabled, the options can be found on the display page of the ingame menu.

CylonSurfer
    Participant

Hi Ralf,
    Are you still thinking of increasing the zoom on edge peek mode so we can achieve 1:1 with the standard VR screen size?
    I’ve been creating some LUA scripts for GTA V to move the HUD about but it’s way more complicated than it was for GTA IV, moving one HUD item cancels out the changes you have made to another and so on…. A real pain in the ass!!! I’m still yet to find out how to move the Radar as well, all of the other HUD items seem movable, just not the most important…Typical!
    Cheers
    Cy

Ralf
    Keymaster

I raised the max. value right after we spoke about it, so this will be in the next update. Default stays the same, but you will be able to raise it up to 1:1. Current release date is good old “when it’s done”, but shouldn’t take too long.

CylonSurfer
    Participant

Sound – Ah no worries regarding a release date, my VR HUD mod has the same schedule :)

bluepill
    Participant

Guys, thanks for the advice!

2D edge peak is much more useful in real (VR) life.
    I’d suggest to use this mode as default mode as its needed in every game to read out of bounds text, radar etc.

Cheers
    Jasper

Ralf
    Keymaster

Many modern games have large enough text so that this not an issue everywhere. The problem with the 2D EdgePeek, which was the default before the 3D EdgePeek was introduced, is that some people got dizzy using it since it’s completely unnatural: the whole image slides when you rotate your head. The 3D version is also much better for watching cutscenes.

But since I had the suspicion that some would still prefer the old algorithm, I left it in as an option. I hope you can live with that decision. :)

bluepill
    Participant

Of course!
    Thnx

BuckleBean
    Participant

Another “thank you” for continued support for 2D edge peek. While I prefer 3D for cut scenes, games like Dishonored, Deus Ex, & Thief have a ton of written materials & it’s much easier to read notes & emails & such with 2D edge peek.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!