Edge Peek + VorpX Menu Select Not Working

Homepage Forums Technical Support Edge Peek + VorpX Menu Select Not Working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vlerherg
    Participant

Good evening! I have been using VorpX for some time (recently completed a full playthrough of FO3) and have been starting FO:NV. I played last night without any issues, as usual. This evening I started VorpX and it updated to 21.1.0. Seemed fine, but now in either game Edge Peek is no longer working (Rift S) when I push the right grip. The controller overlay still shows it mapped, but it does nothing. If I hold the left grip and then the right to enter the VorpX menu, nothing happens there either. I know it is registering the input as if I hold the left grip and then the right, then release the left it still shows VorpX on the overlay map for the right grip until released. It then returns to Edge Peek. If I enter the VorpX menu via the keyboard (Del) I can navigate with the sticks, but the right trigger will not select anything and I must exit also via the keyboard shortcut. Triggers both work fine in game for firing and zooming. I can technically still play using keyboard shortcuts for the VorpX menu (Del), initiate scanning (Alt+L) and Edge Peek (Mouse Middle), but this is very difficult wearing the headset and makes the FO games unplayable without quick access to Edge Peek for the Pip Boy. I did confirm in the Oculus Home and Oculus native apps that the controller input is fine, so something must have changed with the update. Any ideas?? Your help is appreciated!

bluecat20
    Participant

Just wanted to say I’m having this same exact issue and it manifested after updating to Vorpx 21.1.0. I also have a Rift S and the behavior I’m seeing is as described above.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably related to the changed keyboard input handling. I’ll take a look at it and release a hotfix as soon as possible.

For the time being please either use a gamepad or mouse/keyboard.

Short update: found the bug already. Luckily an easy fix, a hotfix will be made available within the next 24 hours, probably quite a bit faster.

Vlerherg
    Participant

You are quite efficient! Though this was my first post, I have been trolling ever since I first bought VorpX and I must say that I appreciate your most excellent responses to issues and queries in general. Thank you, Ralf! Much appreciated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks! Should work again with the just released hotfix.

Vlerherg
    Participant

Like a charm. Backup and running! Thanks, Ralf!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!