Edge Peek won’t stay still!

Homepage Forums Technical Support Edge Peek won’t stay still!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LittleKingJohn
    Participant

Hi, VorpX has just updated and now the edge peek screen moves and zooms in the front<->back axis whenever I move my head (i.e. instead of acting as a static cinema screen in front of me, it is a moving, zooming frame). If I move my head forward, the screen moves away from me and gets smaller, and back it gets bigger.

It’s making me really sick, please tell me how to get it back to how it used to be.

Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That sounds odd for sure. I’m EdgePeeking here all day long pretty much every day.

Please try a full factory reset in the vorpX config app (‘Trouble Shooting’ page), just in case today’s update messed up some settings. In case you have any additional input devices (e.g. a racing wheel or flight stick) connected to the PC, also try to remove them for testing.

If it’s the latter that causes the issue, it would be great if you could let me know.

LittleKingJohn
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

A full factory reset did not fix the issue. I’ll try and get a video of what happens.

LittleKingJohn
    Participant

This is the video:

It’s like when I move forward the screen is trying to get away from me! ha

LittleKingJohn
    Participant

Looking through the patch notes, I notice this:

>”Improved EdgePeek scale behavior: factors in the current user set screen scale/distance in a better way. ”

Could this have something to do with it?

Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably just the screen getting scared of you.

Seriously: Indeed a bug, actually a hot candidate for the yearly most-stupid-bug-award. Not directly related to the new scale/distance calculation, but while I was at that I cleaned up some nearby code… The issue is that essentially forward/backward movement gets applied in the opposite direction. Funny that I never noticed that, I should move back and forth more while EdgePeeking, I suppose…

I’ll upload a hotfix addressing this within the next hour. Thanks for the heads-up.

LittleKingJohn
    Participant

Ah, I suspected as much — that was going to be my next way of trying to explain it if it wasn’t clear!

Great, thank you for the quick fix.

Yohaskan
    Participant

Edge peek dead again ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!