Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall (G3D)

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings User Profiles Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall (G3D)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Stryker_66
    Participant

This post is for anyone interested in playing a very old game from the Elder Scrolls series by Bethesda in vorpx with G3D. Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall. We are talking 1996! It can be done with the Daggerfall Unity mod which brings this old dos game into the Unity game engine. You can download the original game for free legitimately, just google it. I got my version free included when I purchased some Bethesda bundle from GOG. What amazes me is this mod is full with a ton of additional mods to update textures and many facets of the game. You can google Daggerfall Unity for installation instructions and all relevant info.

I created a newer Vorpx profile and used the authoring tool to fix the hud, character sheet, maps etc.. and a few obstructing light source shaders. This is based on the Unity 5 Base profile and uploaded to the cloud. The environments look great in G3D for such an old game and although the sprites are 2D, it’s dam fun to play in the headset. I am using most of the additional mods to enhance this experience. Google Daggerfall Unity Mods to download. Nexusmods has them.

I strongly recommend the D.R.E.A.M mod and the FOV Adjuster mod. The settings within my profile can be switched to Full VR if you prefer. I am using immersive screen mode personally. What is also crucial is that you need to change the combat to a single click within the game settings. Swinging the sword with mouse makes it nauseating in VR mode.

Anyway, it’s quite the trip down memory lane and this game world is colossal in size.Have fun.

Cheers,

Stryker

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!