Elder Scrolls Online Geometry 3D Workaround

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Elder Scrolls Online Geometry 3D Workaround

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    elliotttate
    Participant

I made a video tutorial for an ESO Geometry 3D workaround until VorpX can get updated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZN2oa3lLGA&t=1s

@Ralph, would it be possible to use this SBS 3D Vision mod with VorpX for the controls?

RJK_
    Participant

I would really like to verify this workaround but your video is too pixely to comprehend. – BTW: I have my doubts that this is “Geometry 3D”.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Geometry 3D for Elder Scrolls Online will finally be back in vorpX 18.2.0.

There will be one more 18.1.x maintenance release before that, but most time already goes into 18.2.0 which will bring G3D not only to DX11 ESO, but also to various other DX11 games that previously were Z3D only..

elliotttate
    Participant

@RJK_ Hmm, I’m sorry. Can you force Youtube to play it at 1080P? It tried it on a couple computers and it looks very readable at that res.

I’m a developer myself and absolutely know the difference between z-depth and true geometry 3D. This workaround is true Geometry 3D (Nvidia 3D Vision in VR is also useful as a workaround for other games that aren’t supported in VorpX yet).

Find a list of hundreds of 3D Vision Mods here: http://helixmod.blogspot.com

@Ralph That is great news!! Looking forward to it. Keep up the amazing work! When VR REALLY catches on, your name will be in the history books as the person who really helped bridge the gap at the beginning :-)

RJK_
    Participant

Thanks for answering, i finally got the video running in HD, thanks. This all is very important to me, because i fix almost every game myself (youll find quite a few of my fixes on the helixmod site).

This workaround would mean that ANY ? 3D Vision game could be played in G3D ? WOW !

Sadly there doesnt seem any app availiable for WIN 7 ? Bigscreen only runs on WIN8/10

For various reasons i prefer WIN7 for gaming.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Guys, if you want to have in-depth discussions about other products please do that on the approriate product forums. Thanks.

RJK_
    Participant

Ralf, i will promote your product whenever i can and recommend it to everyone because
    i love it. If you think this thread could harm your product, please remove it. On the other hand i am shure you understand our concerns. ( and unfulfilled dreams )

Ralf
    Keymaster

In the end I am legally responsible for what gets posted here. nVidia restricts use of their 3D drivers to hardware from vendors who pay them royalties, bypassing these restrictions is obviously unwanted and almost certainly illegal in most countries. I do not want such measures discussed here for the same reasons that for example piracy can’t be disussed here. End of story.

elliotttate
    Participant

I completely understand! I’m a huge fan of VorpX and have convinced quite a few people to buy a copy. I was only trying to help with additional workarounds.

If anyone has any questions about this, you can contact me through the Reddit link on the Youtube video (elliotttate).

steph12
    Participant

Geometry 3D for Elder Scrolls Online will finally be back in vorpX 18.2.0.

There will be one more 18.1.x maintenance release before that, but most time already goes into 18.2.0 which will bring G3D not only to DX11 ESO, but also to various other DX11 games that previously were Z3D only..

that’s amazing news Ralf !! i can’t thank you enough !

matteo39
    Participant

thank you ralf

PhoenixSpyder
    Participant

Ralf, will G3D for ESO be available in full VR or just Cinema mode? Also, any hope for Direct VR in ESO? Sorry if this has already been asked or answered.

kurry
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! I’m so excited to play ESO in Vorpx!

morbidexpression
    Participant

Fantastic news about ESO, missed these posts — it looks great in G3D and now we’ve got better video cards for it.

grumdark
    Participant

Ralf, will G3D for ESO be available in full VR or just Cinema mode? Also, any hope for Direct VR in ESO? Sorry if this has already been asked or answered.

that would be ideal, because one of the biggest problems that I remember with this title concretely and working in full VR mode, was exactly with the aspect ratio did not seem to scale totally in formats 5:4 or 4:3 (advisable for the headset current)
    I do not know if something has changed here recently.

Some time ago, I proposed a couple of possible fixes among other users, such as a new specific aspect mode within vorpx for this case, or the possibility of adjusting window height and width separately, at least as an “expert option”.

In any case, it would be fantastic support for all functionalities technically possible with Direct VR, in Full VR mode.

Recently, I had the opportunity to see some with TES Oblivion, which denote a great effort.
    I still have some hope in getting TESO G3D + direct VR working in Full VR mode with a little patience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!