Elder Scrolls Online not working with new update

Homepage Forums Technical Support Elder Scrolls Online not working with new update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    edvicaty
    Participant

Hi!

Today, the new chapter for ESO was released (Blackwood). After the update, I’m getting a black screen when entering the game, yesterday (pre-update) vorpx worked fine for me.

Some notes:
    * All screen is black, except for the vorpx logo on the bottom of the screen
    * I’m still hearing the game music
    * I’m able to see the game pointer (and it’s tracked with my headset also)
    * I’m able to access vorpx in-game configuration while in the game
    * I’m using the default profile for the game
    * The bug seems independent of the mode, full-VR, cinema, etc.

thanks!

edvicaty
    Participant

I managed to get it working by turning off geometry on the home screen. I turn it on again while in-game

Stedios
    Participant

I had same problem though it works if you wait for black screen then control + V your password and press enter.
    Also the Hud adjustment does not work now.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This game drives me nuts some day… With almost every update they break the HUD shader detection.

You should get a profile database update next time you launch vorpX. If for some reason that fails, you can download the updated profile from the cloud, it’s called ‘The Elder Scrolls Online [vorpX]”.

bjr84
    Participant

Hey folks,

Just launched ESO for first time in a while – my right screen in the HMD is black. Anyone else having this issue? Might there be a fix for this native profile?

Thanks!

Ben

Khaleev
    Participant

Hey,

I had the same issue, it was the DLSS/DLAA. Switching to TAA or FXAA solved it. Maybe someone knows why DLSS and DLAA don’t work with VorpX?
    I am trying to run elder scroll online with openXR with no success so far. I wonder if others Vorpx users can run it with openXR api instead of steamVR?

bjr84
    Participant

Thank you, Khaleev! Worked!
    Best,

Ben

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that the next vorpX version will set a working AA method automatically so that noone will have to run into this annoying pitfall anymore.

bjr84
    Participant

Thanks so much, Ralf!
    Really appreciate the support here – from community and Ralf! This game is glorious in 3d. Just… wow. What a time to live :)
    Best,
    Ben

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!