Elite Dangerous Support?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Elite Dangerous Support?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    daytime
    Participant

Hello Ralf,

Can you look into bringing support to Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen’s main competitor? It’s fully released and only supports Oculus Rift 0.5 sadly. They probably won’t update it for a while.

Thanks

Laser
    Participant

They have been adding updates to the current 0.5 support and they are working on current (0.8) and future rift sdk:s. Also you can run Elite with 0.8 sdk via Steam VR, so I think its better that Ralf uses his limited times with titles that will never have native support.

daytime
    Participant

I did not see anything so far to support your claim about working on 0.8. All we know is that they do not know when they will update. Steam Vr? Are you talking about the HTC Vive? I’m with oculus, as is most people who use Vorpx obviously, and it’ll still need support regardless.

Laser
    Participant

No im not talking about Vive, Steam vr added sdk 0.8 support a while ago.
    So people are either using sdk switcher to run 0.5 sdk or the steam vr trick.

Rift 0.8 working with Elite Horizons beta.
    by u/DouglasteR in oculus

daytime
    Participant

Thank you Laser for showing me that link. I figured out how to get it working, and I can confirm for others reading this that SteamVR does support the rift. It counts the tracking camera as one of the HTC Vive’s lighthouses and you only need one for it to work.

shadowself
    Participant

That works for the Horizons beta (and the Ships beta) but not for the main E:D, as far as I know. If you can confirm that it actually does, I will likely buy the game, it’s 50% off right now.

shadowself
    Participant

That works for the Horizons beta (and the Ships beta) but not for the main E:D, as far as I know. If you can confirm that it actually does, I will likely buy the game, it’s 50% off right now.

I figured out how to get it working, and I can confirm for others reading this that SteamVR does support the rift.

You got the main E:D working? Or are you playing Horizons?

Laser
    Participant

It works also without horizons.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

u can go back to oculus rift runtime 5.0 if u want that game to work no need for vorpx it works excellent and the software is free i love people because Jesus loves me

dotdog20
    Participant

I figured out how to get it working, and I can confirm for others reading this that SteamVR does support the rift.

You got the main E:D working? Or are you playing Horizons?

E:D has always had native rift support every time I have tried, no need for VorpX or SteamVR. Under the Graphics settings, there’s an option for 3D which lists a few options with either HMD (Speakers) or HMD (Headphones) working for the rift.
    This applies for both E:D and H as they are the same game but with different access. Worked in .5 runtime and still now in .8 for me.

I’d post a picture, but I still haven’t found a way to screenshot the rift in .8

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!