Elite Odyssey out today!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Elite Odyssey out today!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    matteo39
    Participant

a vorpx profile?

thomas3d
    Participant

JUST PURCHASED A Steam Key from CD KEYS for 22.50 euros … instead of 35 euros directly from Steam …
    Can’t wait to play the game in 3D-VR with VorpX … so please get a Vorpx profile with preferred G3D or Z3D … !!!
    Thanks

Mossfoot
    Participant

I’m also keenly interested in a proper VorpX profile, though I am curious about how that will work given that the in-ship/SRV stuff is already in VR. Can a VorpX setting differentiate? Or will it need to be set up into thinking it’s a 2D setting all around and then use VorpX to make it work?

Looking forward to progress on this front!

matteo39
    Participant

you can start flat odyssey:all flat and good for vorpx

LVNDSCAPE
    Participant

you can start flat odyssey:all flat and good for vorpx

?

Michelangel0
    Participant

Well the game is working out of the box as if VorpX was included already.
    You start on Full VR and if you disembark you will have a CINEMA MODE with Geometry 3D included by the game itself.

So basically VorpX is not needed, because also this way once you board your ship back you are also back to the full native VR support that Elite Dangerous always had.

So, in this case, I think is not needed because you will lose the full native VR advantage.

dborosev
    Participant

Wow, is that true? If so, bravo to them for doing this for the VR crowd.

thomas3d
    Participant

Hello elite 3D VR fans!

Last night my jaw dropped when I read “Elite Dangerous: Odyssey”
    In real 3D geometric
    ripped off …

They have integrated full 3D support … dh you can only play in 2D in VR … but if you switch to the side by side format in 3D you get real 3D !!! … wow … I was real flashed that it is so easy without a detour via “VorpX” …

As with DCS, you can even adjust the stereo 3D depth to your taste …
    To do this, you have to set the experimental 3D mode slider approx. To the middle … then you get a very good 3D depth graduation …

I immediately tested this with my 65 inch 3D capable TV … looks fantastic … !!
    Today I test with my 3D capable 4K projector and 3m screen …: cool:

It is also possible to immerse yourself in VR … with Virtual Desktop … there you can then use F6 and F7 to admire the side-by-side format of “Odyssey” in real 3D VR …: rolleyes:: D

runs super smooth with 1440p and Quest 2 …

Little tip … bought it at CDKeys for 22.50 euros and activated it on Steam … they wanted 35 …: whistle:: D

matteo39
    Participant

has flat screen real 3d?

Mossfoot
    Participant

Can we play the on-foot part of the game in full VR yet? I’m a bit confused by what others are saying above.

thomas3d
    Participant

The game has native geometrical 3D … !!! … VorpX is not needed at most for head movements or the FullVR mode.
    3D in Side by Side can even be set with 3D depth strength in the graphics options !! … then press F6 or F7 with Virtual Desktop for the 3D view with the VR glasses …
    Perhaps someone can create a VorpX profile that supports the native 3D mode of the game itself … for this VorpX would only have to support the stereoscopic 3D mode in Side by Side like Virtual Destop does … or all 3D TVs that are still running and 3D projectors.

markbradley1982
    Participant

The game has native geometrical 3D … !!! … VorpX is not needed at most for head movements or the FullVR mode.
    3D in Side by Side can even be set with 3D depth strength in the graphics options !! … then press F6 or F7 with Virtual Desktop for the 3D view with the VR glasses …
    Perhaps someone can create a VorpX profile that supports the native 3D mode of the game itself … for this VorpX would only have to support the stereoscopic 3D mode in Side by Side like Virtual Destop does … or all 3D TVs that are still running and 3D projectors.

So the game outputs side by side stereoscopic 3D and thus requiring Virtual Desktop? So what happens if you play the game in native VR (which normally results in not using Virtual Desktop) and go on foot?

markbradley1982
    Participant

dh you can only play in 2D in VR … but if you switch to the side by side format in 3D you get real 3D !!! … wow … I was real flashed that it is so easy without a detour via “VorpX” …

Ugh so if I want to play this in native VR, as soon as I go on foot it switches to 2D instead of SBS? I would prefer a solution that lets me play in native VR where available, and then changes over to SBS 3D when on foot. Extremely lame the devs couldn’t do this when they were so close

Mossfoot
    Participant

I’m still having trouble understanding what is and isn’t possible regarding the Odyssey vs Horizons situation.

Demosthenes
    Participant

As far as I understand, although I have not bought the expansion yet, this is the situation:

Elite + Horizons + Odyssey =

Native VR while you are in Space or ground vehicle.

Once you exit and go on foot in 1st person, a 2D screen.

Apparently though if you use 3rd person on foot and the so-called vanity camera you can get a 3D screen.

Interaction/menus/playing are not really feasible in this mode though.

I can’t imagine Vorpx could suddenly inject itself while the game is running to create a VR mode in 1st person. I’m sure Elite will add a 3d cinema mode for on foot exploration, but it is not optimized enough to allow that yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!