Emulators support.

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Emulators support.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    perkel
    Participant

Amazing work Ralf. I just tested vorpX with Dolphin and it works pretty much 100% perfect once you set OpenGl and SidebySide in dolhin options. By far the most easy to use showcase for VorpX.

Are there any plans for other emulators ? Citra is 3DS emulator and Citra natively supports 3D.

I noticed that there is profile for PCSX2 so i will try that now.

edit: PCSX2 doesn’t seem to work with VorpX despite profile. There seems to be an issue attaching VorpX to PCSX2 and just hangs on that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The PCSX profile is mostly an old experiment. No 3D support at all, I just included it years ago so that people can use PCSX2 in 2D.

Dolphin: Could you reset the settings to something else and then check whether vorpX can do the DX11/SBS setup automatically on your machine? It should do that normally (requiring one Dolphin restart after the settings have been changed). Let me know if that works for you or not.

perkel
    Participant

Ok i will do that.

edit: Just tested it. Doesn’t seem to want to change itself automatically.
    I switched to Vulcan and SBS off. Then to Open GL without SBS.

I noticed that VorpX doesn’t attach itself and you have this “vorpX attaching” until you run game. Once you run game with correct settings it runs well.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not necessary anymore. Thanks for heads-up though! Doesn’t work as intended due to a super stupid mistake. The routines that make the settings changes are never called unless Dolphin is fully hooked, which obviously isn’t the case until DX11 is selected.

Will be fixed in an upcoming maintenance release.

perkel
    Participant

IT does work with both DX11 and OpenGL. BTW what do you think about Citra support ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I forgot what it was, but I’m pretty there was something that works better with DX11. Anyway, all will work automatically as intended with the next maintenance update.

Emulators in general are not really top priority TBH. Pretty much rainy Sunday stuff, but I’ll keep Citra in mind.

If Citra also has DX11 or OpenGL SBS output you might be able create your own profile using the Dolphin profile as a base for the time being. Fairly simple: just make a copy of the Dolphin profile in the config app and assign Citra’s main .exe. No guarantee that it will work, but worth a shot if it has SBS 3D output too.

perkel
    Participant

Yes it does have OpenGL and native SBS much like Dolphin.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Then there is a pretty good chance that you will be able to create a user profile based on the Dolphin profile quite easily. Let me know how it went.

perkel
    Participant

oh i will try that.

perkel
    Participant

Tried to use Dolphin profile for Citra and it hangs both citra and vorpX on attaching to citra-qt.exe

Ralf
    Keymaster

Bad luck then. Doesn’t always work. I’ll keep it in mind for some rainy Sunday.

GhostRider087
    Participant

Hello,

for the PS2 Emulator there is an 3D Plugin:
    Name: Gsdx-3D: Stereoscopy Patch.

It works in 3D Side by Side and im using it with Virtual Desktop, Vorpx Desktop Viewer, or with my 3D TV, the 3D is really good, like G3D.
    Maybe this could be work to combine it with the PCSX2 Vorpx Profile ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Two questions:

1. Does this plugin still work with a current PCSX2? The latest (and only) version I could find doing a brief Google search is several years old.

2. Is there some more ‘official’ way to get the plugin than a forum post? To support the plugin in a profile I would at least have to include instructions how to install it.

GhostRider087
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

1. Today, Pcsx2 got a new update.
    Version 1.6.0 and i tested it with the “3D Plugin”.
    I tested Tekken 4 and Metal Gear Solid 3.
    I can confirm this still works. When you are ingame in PCSX2 you can change the 3D Mode to Over/under, Interlaced (for passive 3DTVs), Analygph and
    Side by Side via numpad *, the 3D Effect is nice.

But the only problem is, in my older version of pcsx2 i was able to configure it from the Plugin settings to SBS. So it started everytime in SBS which would be nice for Vorpx. Now you have to choose ingame to sbs, but you need to this only once, then it will start everytime in SBS, maybe this wouldnt be a problem to include with Vorpx ?

2. I couldnĀ“t find any more official way about the Plugin, so its only from the PCSX2 Forum.
    The filename in the forum is: GSdx3D_Dlls_rev68m.7z
    You can find it when you google :pcsx2 3d plugin, then in the first link you find it.
    Im writing this, because i dont know, if i am allowed to post links :)

Of course this all works already very good with Vorpx Desktop Viewer (with paused watcher) or Virtual Desktop, but yeah an official Vorpx Profile would be nice, like the Dolphin Profile for Cinema Mode.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!