ENB in Skyrim: Legendary Edition?

Homepage Forums Technical Support ENB in Skyrim: Legendary Edition?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Higgenboober
    Participant

I’m trying to get my Skyrim: Legendary Edition (which I spent a lot of hours modding and with the beloved Tetrachromatic ENB) in VR with VorpX. I already own SkyrimVR with all the fun VRIK mods but really want to see my old modded game in VR. I can’t seem to get ENB to work though as VorpX has a conflict with the d3d9.dll file. I’ve tried the injector but it never seems to load the ENB with VorpX (Injector will load flat Skyrim ENB just fine). I’m at a loss of how to get ENB working with VorpX. Does anyone have any experience in this? Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

Since ENB and vorpX hook into the same D3D9 functions, ENB mods create a conflict with vorpX. In the past the injector version of ENB used to work, but admittedly I haven’t tried since a very long time, so I’m not sure wheher that is still the case.

The only other chance you may have to get an ENB mod running is switching to alternative hooking in the vorpX config app. With a bit of luck that may change whether the mod or vorpX first hook into the game.

If that doesn’t help there isn’t really anything else you can do aside from uninstalling the mod.

Higgenboober
    Participant

Perhaps I can get access to an earlier build? I read other users had this problem and the last working version was 18.2.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Out of curiosity I just checked how vorpX and ENB get along together these days and very much to my own surprise it should work with the wrapper version. vorpX will display its deafult d3d9.dll-in-game-folder warning message, but you can simply ignore that.

Haven’t really checked whether there maybe are any glitches, but as far as I can tell things should work largely fine.

Higgenboober
    Participant

I’ve tried it with the wrapper as well. However it doesn’t seem fully compatible because my FOV is all messed up as well as the HUD that VorpX usually fixes when its loaded properly. I’m going to try it again but I don’t think I was able to adjust it through the VorpX in-game menu either (but am able to without ENB)

Higgenboober
    Participant

Is there perhaps a way for me to use enblocal.ini and set the proxy to whatever .dll name is used to inject into the game?

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:ENBlocal_INI/Proxy

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, but there is no reason to do that. It just works, you can click the warning away. It’s just a generic hint that is always shown whenever a potentially conflicting DLL is detected to make users aware that things *might* not work as expected.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Just on the off chance you were not aware of this: you can mod Skyrim VR pretty much exactly as you can Skyrim SE. Yeah, it’s a PITA to have to do it all again, but in the end it’s a viable solution and that’s the route I took. You can install ENBs (some special ones for VR have very low overhead), DynDOLOD, textures, there is a sksevr, and pretty much all mods work with only a few exceptions. Just stay away from anything that impacts performance greatly and you’ll be fine. Or, if you are in the same boat I am I couldn’t hit 90fps consistently anyway at the resolutions I wanted to run, more like 80-85; so I had to settle for hitting 45fps all the time with frame doubling; this gave me a lot of performance headroom to increase resolution and install reasonably high-quality texture mods etc. It’s worth it.

Higgenboober
    Participant

Hello Thanks for the reply. Yes I also have Skyrim VR and it is heavily modded with DynDOLOD, HIGGSm VRIK and all that. It still can not replicate my Oldrim game and Tetrachromatic ENB. I have been modding Skyrim for a very long time and ENB for DX11 isn’t the same as DX9. Sadly I don’t think ENB will work with vorpx in Oldrim. It can work only if you disable the enb effects which kind of defeats the purpose.

Skyrim VR does run pretty well though. I run it at 80hz with ENB for interiors.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!