Entering a range/mask in excluded programs

Homepage Forums Technical Support Entering a range/mask in excluded programs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ogrescar
    Participant

Is there a way to exclude a range of processes based upon name? My antivirus (Malwarebytes) spawns processes named ig-XX.exe, which are apparently directx enabled because vorpx keeps trying to hook them. I’ve already added 20 or more entries to my exclude list but I’d rather not resort to creating a bunch of fake .exes simply to add them to the list.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Solution 1:

Get rid of that AV software. Done. Windows Defender is more than good enough since quite a while now and causes way less hassle. Why anyone would torture themselves with all the disadvantages that come with invasive third party AV for maybe a tiny little bit of extra ‘security’ is beyond me, I got to admit. :)

Solution 2:

1. Exit vorpX and the config app.
    2. Browse to C:\ProgramData\Animation Labs\vorpX
    3. Open vorpControl.ini with a text editor.
    4. Add a new entry to the exlude list that looks like this: sExcl???=ig-, just adding ‘ig-‘ excludes every process that starts with ‘ig-‘, ??? has to be the next free number.
    5. Pray that your AV program isn’t responsible for all sorts of other strange things.

I would *highly* suggest to go with solution 1.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I already uninstalled the av once but went back because Windows Defender kept complaining about a registry entry but didn’t fix the underlying cause.

I already used solution 2 up to ig-20 but was hoping there was an easier way to address the other 80 possibilities. Maybe I can just turn real-time protection off.

Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you read the full reply? Using just ‘ig-‘ (without the quotes) should do the trick unless I misunderstood your original question. The according entry would look like this (assuming that 123 is the next free exclude number in the .ini): sExcl123=ig-

Seriously though, get rid of that AV software.

Ogrescar
    Participant

Sorry. Didn’t read your reply carefully enough. That will solve the issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!