Error on installation

Homepage Forums Technical Support Error on installation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jack
    Participant

Hi There,
    I keep getting an error when i install vorpx:
    —————————
    vorpX Control
    —————————
    Sorry. vorpX encountered a critical error and cannot do its magic. :\

Try restarting the application. If the problem persists, reinstalling vorpX might help.
    —————————
    OK
    —————————

I have tried installing it as admin and even creating a new admin account on my pc.

i have checked eventvwr.msc and i get these issus:

Application: vorpConfig.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.IO.FileLoadException
    at xphOAwAbkqAptDodEnWENogFcKUlA.System.Windows.Markup.IComponentConnector.Connect(Int32, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.SetConnectionId(System.Object, Int32, System.Object)

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
    at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
    at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
    at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
    at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
    at ‮‌‍‏‪​‬‬‌‬​‬‬‎‎‪​‭‮‍‫‍‫‏‏​​‌‮.‮‫‌‪‬‬​‪‍‏‭‬‭‪‍‮‪‪‬‍‪‎‏‎‏‌‭‮()

and:

Faulting application name: vorpConfig.exe, version: 17.2.2.0, time stamp: 0x5940208c
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.296, time stamp: 0x28e9cf15
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x000eb802
    Faulting process ID: 0xe8f0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f266a2763d04
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX\vorpConfig.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report ID: ac588917-ac51-4431-9709-17458acf7817
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any help would be apreciated.
    Thanks
    Jack

nieda113
    Participant

turn off ur virus scanner and defender

jack
    Participant

Hi, I have removed all virus scanners and reinstalled it as admin but the issue still persists.

any more advice would be apreciated

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please don’t install vorpX with any other account than the one you use it with. If you have your Windows configured in an unusual way (e.g. with access to certain folders limited to a certain account, that might cause all sorts of problems).

Ideally use a default Windows installation with one user account. Since the introduction of Windows Vista multiple users don’t make much sense anyway from a security perspective – with the exception of corporate environments where an admin might want to restrict user rights.

If you are still on Windows 7 and experience crashes with the config app, please make sure that you have the DotNet framework 4.6.2 installed.

nieda113
    Participant

Hi u still have that error.Do u have by chance installed several users in windows?

If so its a problem with uac settings,, u need to grant permisson for the specific user
    i had a similar problem i found when i checked the permsions in property settings
    of the voprpx.exe it was not specified for the current user…..

jack
    Participant

for the most part I only use one user, some people were saying to use a new admin and that worked for them, I had no luck. I have since removed that user and don’t plan on adding it back on to my computer.

And nieda113 i am still having the problem, how will i grant permissions to the my user.

P.S. I am definatly back to one user

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!