Errors when starting 16.1.1 with DK2

Homepage Forums Technical Support Errors when starting 16.1.1 with DK2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jlabs
    Participant

I am using the most recent Oculus runtime, along with a DK2. When I attempt to start either vorpX or the desktop viewer, I receive the message:

“Sorry, we’re having trouble loading vorpControl.exe. Please take off your headset and check your computer for error messages.”

There are no error messages displayed outside of the headset, though.

I was able to get one game to direct to the DK2, but the visible are of the game was small and the look directions were inverted (looking up moved the visible area down, looking left moved it right).

dellrifter22
    Participant

I too am having troubles with the new 16.1.1 on DK2. Last night I could run GTA5 with oculus 0.7, now I get init errors. Is home 1.3 required now?

Now I can get GTA5 to launch on home 1.3, but my look in full vr mode is inverted. It felt like I was emulating xbox stick with my head (inverted and less responsive). I tried to override xbox fully in vorpx menu, but my settings never save through the next restart. Settings restored to default when I start back in.

I also noticed a severe performance hit to my frame rate compared to how i was playing last night using vorpx 0.9 and oculus 0.7.

lastly, i cannot find an IPD adjustment anywhere now. not in game menu, not even in the main vorpx cinfig tool. Was it removed?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Are you by any chance playing with inverted mouse? In that case you can invert the head tracking on the head tracking page of the vorpX ingame menu.

Can’t say what may have caused the performace hit unfortunately. That should definitely not be the case. If anything, it should feel a bit smoother than before due to the Oculus runtime now doing async time warp in the device driver.

IPD adjustment was removed. Manually adjusting the IPD didn’t do anything useful since 0.9 anyway. The IPD value is now always read from the Oculus runtime.

Tony Spaniels
    Participant

Now I can get GTA5 to launch on home 1.3, but my look in full vr mode is inverted. It felt like I was emulating xbox stick with my head (inverted and less responsive). I tried to override xbox fully in vorpx menu, but my settings never save through the next restart. Settings restored to default when I start back in.

I also noticed a severe performance hit to my frame rate compared to how i was playing last night using vorpx 0.9 and oculus 0.7.

Im getting this inverted head tracking as well in Fallout 4, but oddly its only in the pip boy menu screen. In normal view its not inverted but instead the sensitivity is doubled so if I move my head it tracks it twice as far.

Im getting a performance hit as well but I thought that might be just cos G3D is especially demanding in F4.

grodenglaive
    Participant

I am using the most recent Oculus runtime, along with a DK2. When I attempt to start either vorpX or the desktop viewer, I receive the message:

“Sorry, we’re having trouble loading vorpControl.exe. Please take off your headset and check your computer for error messages.”

There are no error messages displayed outside of the headset, though.

I was able to get one game to direct to the DK2, but the visible are of the game was small and the look directions were inverted (looking up moved the visible area down, looking left moved it right).

Same for me with Fallout 4. The Oculus error doesn’t prevent the game from launching though.

jlabs
    Participant

No look inversion for me. I did have a successful startup of desktop viewer, though I can’t say why. From there I was able to successfully start Fallout 4. It is giving me the error again now. I wish I knew why it worked that one time!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!