ESO login error (password invalid) w/ vorpx

Homepage Forums Technical Support ESO login error (password invalid) w/ vorpx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MarkC
    Participant

Having a bizarre issue:

Trying to get ESO working with vorpx. I’ve managed to work aorund the black screen after the 1st two logo splash screens by disabling 3d rendering. When I do that I can get to the login screen and enter my password for my account but ESO rejects my login attempt (claims user/password is invalid). If I launch ESO without injecting vorpx I can login just fine.

I’ve tested this almost 20 times so no I’m not mistyping the password and the account is working fine (I can login just fine if vorpx is disabled)

Only thing I can think of is if maybe vorpx injecting into the client is modifying a checksum that’s used as part of login authentication which is what’s failing my login attempt.

Anyone else running into this issue? if so any workarounds?

dellrifter22
    Participant

My first guess is the keyboard emulation vorpX is using.

I’ve noticed that when I type things into game chat when using vorpX, some keys are remapped. For example my K key delivers a German umlaut U, and some special keys like period or question mark don’t display.

If this isn’t just an issue unique to me, you might be able to get around it by temporarily enabling an AutoHotkey script to remap the keys for your login.

But I’ve never tried ESO, so we’ll still need a proper response from Ralf to know for sure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!