Everything freezes save for fallout 3

Homepage Forums Technical Support Everything freezes save for fallout 3

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Retroactive
    Participant

So I have vorpx, just bought it today. I have tried it with games and 1 everything locks up where on the desktop it’s fine but in the headset it’s frozen. This is so far for ALL games I load except fallout 3. Im about to try cyberpunk with the mod here soon. 2, I cant get into any in game menus for vorpx cause it locks up.

Retroactive
    Participant

Also when I play games of any kind, it sucks up resources on the compute no matter the game and in the head set I get a the video game froze with a spinning hourglass

CyberJ
    Participant

If you let us know a few details about your setup then I suspect others (Including Ralf, the developer) will be able to help figure this out ;)

i.e.
    Windows version (7, 10, 11 etc..)
    System spec (CPU, GFX Card etc..)
    Any “3rd party” AV/Firewall installed

And indeed anything you think might be relevant.

Retroactive
    Participant

Windows 11
    Intel i7-9700 3ghz
    32gb DDR4
    GTX 1060 3gb

Standard Windows defender

So far the only games I can get to run is fallout 3 and oblivion everything else, even cyberpunk with and with out the mod you guys have on your page I get a white hourglass icon that spins and you here the music.

I have even tried lowering the graphics to the lowest settings available (which of course make the games look like trash) and still the same thing. I can watch 3d SBS movies find in it but I was able to do that in Bigscreen VR. and I can run VR games like skyrim VR and Fallout 4 VR on high settings no issues.

CyberJ
    Participant

Windows 11
    Intel i7-9700 3ghz
    32gb DDR4
    GTX 1060 3gb

Standard Windows defender
    …..

Looking at your spec, you may have issues running Cyberpunk (my old pc had 2 x 1070ti in SLI and struggled with that game).
    One thing to keep in mind when using Vorpx is that the game is being rendered twice (once for each eye), which is a strain on some systems/GPU’s.
    However, that said, I was using a 1050ti before my SLI and I remember CP at least loading (terribly glitchy but hooked and loaded).

I will mention this tho, ….
    I had a similar issue as yours over the last two weeks with a brand new PC (pretty powerful i9 RTX 4080). After A LOT of bug hunting, reading, trying to fix, rinse, repeat etc… discovered my problem was Windows 11 :(
    Literally only a handful of games would even load and when they did the graphics were …. underwhelming shall we say lol.
    Anywho, Once I had clean installed Win 10 everything starting working as it used to on my old setup, but with MUCH better graphics and smooth.

Is your issue Windows 11, I don’t know.
    And I wouldn’t tell you to reinstall windows (I know it can be a hassle).
    But none the less might be worth checking out.

Hopefully someone with a larger brain than I will chime in and offer some pearls of wisdom.
    If I think of anything else I will come back and update this thread ;)

Retroactive
    Participant

windows 11 is the issue for a lot of things for a lot of people. Im trying hard to save for a new computer with an RTX and my current one will replace my stream computer.

CyberJ
    Participant

Before I set up my new pc I read a lot online about Win11 being basically the same under the hood as Win10, so i figured I would give it a shot. But after wading through the bugs and problems discovered almost everything either didn’t work properly or didn’t work at all (even normal things like wireless kept dropping out and freezing any open apps using it).

As I am typing this, I think there is something you can possibly check (if you have not already).
    Have you checked your Windows “Event Viewer” ?

When I had Win11 installed my event viewer was pretty much spammed with “Warnings” and “Critical” events, most of which were about “SteamVRServer” and “vrmonitor” crashing constantly, when I checked my old pc (with 2×1070 SLI) there were no such events or errors, just the usual info stuff.

Definitely worth opening the event viewer up and see whats been going on.
    On a side note, might be worth leaving the event viewer open when your trying to launch a game that won’t work and see if there is anything there that may shed some light on what is happening (or not happening lol).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!