Everything very blurry, Oculus DK1

Homepage Forums Technical Support Everything very blurry, Oculus DK1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dmes71
    Participant

So, I just purchased Vorpx and I haven’t gotten it to work on any game yet. The DK1 works perfectly on all of the demos and Desktop Viewers I’ve tried but when I open anything with Vorpx it is extremely Blurry. So far I’ve only tried Skyrim and GTA V. It’s not just the game that is blurry, It’s the entire screen. The Vorpx menu (from pressing [delete]) is also very blurry and the virtual cinema environment is blurry too. Its almost like I’m seeing double and the images aren’t converging.

I’ve tried to change the IPD setting but it didn’t change anything. I’ve tried multiple versions of Oculus Runtime and nothing. Right now I’m updating my nvida drivers to see if that helps.

If anybody has some ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Nisei
    Participant

Seeing you haven’t received a single reply after 6 days has made me decide not to buy VorpX.
    Too bad technical support is so bad. I’m not going to spend almost €30 on a product when I’m not sure it’s going to work.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX works just fine with the DK1. Not sure what the OPs issue may be unfortunately, or how vorpX could cause a blurry image. If there would be a general issue with the DK1, you can be sure that there would be also a lot more reports of such a problem here.

The current vorpX build 0.9.1 released last November uses the latest Oculus runtime 0.8 and this build was tested and is working with Oculus Rift DK1 and DK2. There will be no future DK1 specific development anymore though.

Nisei
    Participant

OK thanks.
    I’m still using runtime 0.6.0.1 with my DK1 though.
    Does this mean I’d have to use VorpX 0.8.1?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Reportedly 0.6 works, but hasn’t been tested here. So 0.8 is highly recommended.

VRISHERE80
    Blocked

So, I just purchased Vorpx and I haven’t gotten it to work on any game yet. The DK1 works perfectly on all of the demos and Desktop Viewers I’ve tried but when I open anything with Vorpx it is extremely Blurry. So far I’ve only tried Skyrim and GTA V. It’s not just the game that is blurry, It’s the entire screen. The Vorpx menu (from pressing [delete]) is also very blurry and the virtual cinema environment is blurry too. Its almost like I’m seeing double and the images aren’t converging.

I’ve tried to change the IPD setting but it didn’t change anything. I’ve tried multiple versions of Oculus Runtime and nothing. Right now I’m updating my nvida drivers to see if that helps.

If anybody has some ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Yes, Idiot your using the first POS oculus and of course the resolution is going to be blurry. It’s only like 640×480. My old nintendo looks better than that POS.

Nisei
    Participant

Wow, what a mature answer.
    Great to see so people like you joined these forums to offer help (and call names).
    Are you having trouble understanding his post? He says the demos are working great so he knows what to expect from the DK1. Same for me, I’m not going to waste money on a DK2 which, in a year or so, will also be considered a POS.

Nisei
    Participant

Reportedly 0.6 works, but hasn’t been tested here. So 0.8 is highly recommended.

Well there you go. I’m not going to pay €30 to test it.
    Please release a trial version so people can test before they buy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!