Experiences so far!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Experiences so far!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    LegendaryTubcaak
    Participant

I’ve had vorpx for just over a month or so I think and so far it has been amazing! I had a little bit of a learning curve to perfect the ingame adjustments, resolutions, and other settings because I have played a few games that aren’t officially supported so they took a little bit of tweaking, but once they are set right, it saves the profile I adjusted so I only have to get it right once! (The official supported games work great out of the box for most, only adjustments I usually make on these is ingame graphics higher for quality which doesn’t even have to do with vorpx, and is more of a preference thing). Its pretty fun for me anyways to be able to tweak and adjust settings to my liking and Vorpx does a great job with all the different user customization options.

Currently playing splinter cell: chaos theory with all ingame graphics maxed, resolution upscale, and in cinema mode with full geometry 3d and can say it is so cool to be able to go back and play all these old school games with new school tech! For the price of Vorpx, what all can be gained from the program is more than worth the price. Amazing program and Id like to say a special thanks to Ralf for spending so much time listening, and staying proactive with communities suggestions and support needs; I believe there is a lot of constant time that goes into being tech support and tech developer simultaneously, especially when games update constantly. So, thanks for the awesome program!!! Cheers.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing this. You made my day!

TheBalt
    Participant

I gotta recommend, if youre a fan – theres a first person cheat engine mod for Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro – both games run great in vorpx and you can legit have a 1st person combat souls experience… its been my best time with the program was definitely going thru dark souls 3 in VR first person.

Problem is – you basically need to play a rolling 2 handed character cause the camera cheat to make it work in 1st person goes crazy if you use “lock on”… so you gotta learn to get around that.

I noticed youre playing cinema mode, but when you get to playing 1st person games in full VR mode, you may run into situations where parts of menu/hud may be off screen a little bit. Ralf was smart enough to make “edge peek”, which lets you basically, in ‘down time’ scenarios (like leveling up a character or going thru menus, checking your stats, etc), just tap “P” on your keyboard for edgepeek.

If youve got a ps4 controller the best way to utilize this is with the track pad in the middle set it to two buttons – Delete (brings up vorpx in game menu) and P (edge peek)… so you dont have to take your headset off to see hud elements or menus, just have edge peek mapped to your ps4 controllers middle touch pad and you can pop in and out of edge peek to view HUD if the game’s hud wasnt scalable for vorpx.

just wanted to give you some advice on how to use it for 1st person games.

enjoy! sekiro and dark souls 3 are rad in 1st person with vorpx tho!

You can map your ps4 controller to do this per game in steams controller configuration menu

steph12
    Participant

i’m with you op, i have vorpx since 3 years and i love it so much that i could not live my gamer life without it.

this is an essential software if you own a VR headset.

and i will add this and i’ll be probably spank by others customers for saying so, but i’d be ready to pay a yearly licence to use vorpx, let’s face it, Ralf keep working on Vorpx with updates & improvements and all work deserve financial reward. right now vorpx cost 36 euros and then you’re golden for forever, but people buy vpn licences access yearly for more, or antivirus or others softwares, or even netflix for a whoopy 11 euros/month ! asking customers to keep paying every year to be able to use them, how come you dont do the same Ralf.

i’m no one to tell you what you have to do, but i’ve been wondering why for a long time now.

maybe you should consider finding a better balance between the work you put into vorpx and the money you get out of your incredible work.

TheBalt
    Participant

i’m with you op, i have vorpx since 3 years and i love it so much that i could not live my gamer life without it.

this is an essential software if you own a VR headset.

and i will add this and i’ll be probably spank by others customers for saying so, but i’d be ready to pay a yearly licence to use vorpx, let’s face it, Ralf keep working on Vorpx with updates & improvements and all work deserve financial reward. right now vorpx cost 36 euros and then you’re golden for forever, but people buy vpn licences access yearly for more, or antivirus or others softwares, or even netflix for a whoopy 11 euros/month ! asking customers to keep paying every year to be able to use them, how come you dont do the same Ralf.

i’m no one to tell you what you have to do, but i’ve been wondering why for a long time now.

maybe you should consider finding a better balance between the work you put into vorpx and the money you get out of your incredible work.

It is such a badass damn program, i still remember back in dk2 days when people were calling vorpx trash and i just dived in cause i was like, hell, i got the headset already, might as well try it… havent played a game outside vorpx since unless necessary. best video game software purchase ive ever made, far and away.

i am advertising it to my friends as they get vr headsets lol.. i still dont understand all the hate it gets, why people have a problem with it makes no sense to me – we are just trying to experience games in full 3d… it doesnt need motion controls to be effective at making you feel connected to the game world.. plus, it ‘kinda’ has motion tracking cause i primarily use my ‘face’ as my way of targeting for a headshot and stuff lol

great program tho for sure

angelayla
    Participant

I have also been a Vorpx user for a while, 2 years specifically. I don’t understand very well how there can be VR users that don’t have Vorpx, since for me it is the main software in VR, I could say that my use of VR is 90 percent with Vorpx. Of course I would be willing to pay an annual subscription to support Ralf’s work and thank him for the many hours of fun he offers me. In order not to change the philosophy of Vorpx, perhaps it could be done through an annual donation modality for those who would like to, I would be delighted.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I too have gotten way beyond my moneys worth for the thousands of hours in vorpX games, and do hope Ralf is getting compensated for his continuous work. As you say, vorpX and it’s concept should be a must have for any VR enthusiast. Everyone needs to try it at least, very cool way to play games.

My fear with the subscription model is the potential for user falloff, but mostly that it becomes a harder sale for interested new comers. Especially in this age of everything wants a “gotcha” subscription it seems.

I think a donation pool is a great idea, as long as it is not used for leverage of feature or game requests – which Ralf may be afraid of. But a private donation option seems appreciative.

I also like to think that another way to repay for Ralf’s dedication is by contributing back to our small but growing community and spreading the word beyond. By sharing positive experiences and useful hints on the forums and other outlets like youtube/reddit, and utilizing the profile creation tools and cloud service he has provided us to expand and share the vorpX library, etc.

Thanks for the post Tubcaak. Always glad to see others enthusiastic about vorpX like myself. And it keeps getting better.

zig11727
    Participant

Ralf is great when it comes to updates and his software is must for every VR owner but I been burned to many times with subscriptions I have no problem to donate to him for his hard work.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

I saw on google docs a older vorpx compatability chart that had all the detailed settings working for direct vr games.Is there any current charts available.Thanks Ralf for these recent many updates to the software.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!