Extra options/closed beta – idea for Ralf

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Extra options/closed beta – idea for Ralf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    roguepacket
    Participant

Ralf and forum, I’ve seen at least two topics already where users are requesting the ability to enhance the capability of vorpx by being able to modify the official profiles (or delete them).

http://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/can-not-delete-profile/

http://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/fixing-official-profiles-and-your-own-with-the-shader-authoring-tool/

I understand Ralf’s explanation, that this would make it difficult to support the official profiles and create a headache.

My suggestion is to open up a closed beta version of Vorpx that allows the capability to disable write protection on the official profiles so that advanced users can modify them. This version of Vorpx could be installed alongside the official version and selected as active during testing/modifying. I’d like to volunteer for such beta testing if it ever comes to pass. :)

What other ways could those in the community support vorpx (besides donating, of course)? I’d like to get into shader modification for some of my favorite games, but I can’t because I’m locked out of making changes since they have official profiles. I’d also like to help create an official wiki for vorpx and contribute articles to them as I learn more about.

Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

You soon will be able to use the shader authoring tool on top of official profiles, shader definitions created that way will be saved as part of the user settings instead of putting them into the base profile as usual. Unlike a full override that way custom shader fixes can be applied to official profiles without breaking the profile update system. Best of both worlds, so to speak.

I started to make some preparations in that respect, but it probably will take until later this summer for the feature to show up in a release build.

roguepacket
    Participant

Awesome! Thank you for the quick reply. From a business perspective, I know I personally would be willing to pay extra for a “professional” edition of vorpx that would allow more customization.

Would you consider adding Vulkan support question to the FAQ? I keep seeing folks asking about this and it would be nice to have one spot where I could go and see any change in status instead of pestering you about it repeatedly.

Stryker_66
    Participant

You soon will be able to use the shader authoring tool on top of official profiles, shader definitions created that way will be saved as part of the user settings instead of putting them into the base profile as usual. Unlike a full override that way custom shader fixes can be applied to official profiles without breaking the profile update system. Best of both worlds, so to speak.

Thanks for the preview on what’s to come in this regard. This will be a very nice addition to VorpX and I am sure be well received. Sharing game profiles between users with shader fixes and game settings is a powerful way to enhance VorpX. Looking forward to this!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!