F! 2020

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tip.atkeson
    Participant

Has anyone played F1 2020 yet with vorpX? Hoping it works as well as 2019. Will it get official support?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Bought it yesterday, but didn’t have a chance to check it yet. The next vorpX release is planned for the second half of next week, expect news re F1 2020 in a few days.

tip.atkeson
    Participant

That’s good news, thanks Ralf. Got it running last night and seems to be working well, at least in immersive mode. The wheel centering is still off like it was in 2019, wish we could get a good setup for racing wheels but I do have a work around.

Tyriel Wood
    Participant

I’m actually using openTrack to center the view, enabling the IR tracking in game, but it works better in full VR mode. unfortunately, there is some latency tho with it… I really looking forward to the Ralf’s news :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Still didn‘t check it, sorry. The original plan for an update this week didn‘t quite pan out, but I‘m confident to get it done next week.

From what I heard so far the game seems to work similarly to F1 2019. If that is true, you can expect an official profile with the same features, i.e. G3D/Z3D including a scalable 3D HUD.

Tyriel Wood
    Participant

no worries! yep, the profiles for 2019 work in 2020 too, there are some problems with the shadows in Geometry tho and the tracking in full VR mode is all over the place! Take your time and thanks!

MrBarragan
    Participant

Thanks for your hard work Ralf.

Are there any updates on F1 2020? I’ve been holding out for the official support before jumping in.

Will the game have any latency when playing?

dylanrcoyle
    Participant

Looking forward to hearing about the updated as well! Just got VorpX last night, absolutely love it. Lots of things to tinker with but it is truly awesome. F1 2019 works very well but I can’t get through some of the shadows and out geometry of F1 2020. No rush, but like MrBarragan, do we know about any official support coming yet?

tip.atkeson
    Participant

Any news on this Ralf. Thanks

MrBarragan
    Participant

For anyone following this thread. Looks like a profile was added with the latest update and it works ok but still far from perfect. I had lots of geometry and framing issues (2080RTX). Everything just looks blurry and not how I want to experience the game. I kind of give up on the full VR experience since it’s not quite there. Instead I’m using vorpx to play F12020 in cinema/theater mode without 3d geometry. Just a giant 2d screen in front of me in pod camera. It works really well that way! I plan to do the full My Team season like that. Sucks that we can’t experience full VR but that’s Codemaster’s fault.

MidEastBeast
    Participant

Which profile are you using? Because I don’t see a vorpX profile for 2020.

MidEastBeast
    Participant

Update: never mind, my software apparently didn’t update properly. Reinstalled and there it is. Thank you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!