F.E.A.R Shadow flickering issue

Homepage Forums Technical Support F.E.A.R Shadow flickering issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sonicboom65
    Participant

FEAR works mostly great with vorpx with only one big issue which is the shadows. When viewing walls at certain angles, the shadow of the wall in one eye will be different than the shadow in the other eye (one correctly shaded, the other like the shadows have been temporarily turned off). This leads to a lot of headaches and makes the game near unplayable.
    Anyone have ideas for a solution?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You could try to change the ‘G3D Shadow Treatment’ option i the vorpX menu (image page). That will allow you to disable them in places were they are particularly borked.

Caveat: sometimes not all shadows might be defined correctly since it’s impossible to play through games completely when doing a profile. Let me know whether the option does anything for the offending ones.

sonicboom65
    Participant

I don’t seem to have a G3D Shadow treatment option in the ingame menu. I have crystal image, saturation, gamma, 3 hud options, image zoom, and aspect ratio but no G3D shadow option in “image” or any other category.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If this option is not shown, no shadows are defined in the profile. I’ll check it on occasion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!