F1 2020 crashes on startup

Homepage Forums Technical Support F1 2020 crashes on startup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    muffin man
    Participant

I’m a complete vorpx newbie. I’m using a vive pro 2. I tried starting it from steamvr and just regular steam with similar results. I apply vorpx to the f12020 directs 11 exe. On startup it crashes immediately. Anyone have any clue about how to fix this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you have downloaded an older custom profile from the cloud, please do a full factory reset in the config app (trouble shooting page). The game works out of the box without having to apply any user profile.

If it still crashes with the official profile, please check whether you maybe have an external tool running that hooks into games and could potentially cause a conflict. Pretty much anything that can display overlays over games could be a candidate. The best way to troubleshoot this would be to disable everything you have running in the background.

muffin man
    Participant

Thank you for the response. I did a full factory reset of the config app and then run Vorpx. I hook up the Vive pro 2 and launch the game from the Steam desktop. The Vorpx logo is at the bottom, so it’s definitely running, but the headset is just blank. What am I doing wrong?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you go through the entire trouble shooting guide on the top of this sub forum? Issues like this may be caused by other programs also hooking into games.

Not entirely sure what you mean by ‘running it from the Steam desktop’, but if that means running it from inside the VR headset using the Steam VR theater, please don’t do that. Instead launch it normally from the Windows desktop.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!