f1 2021 crashing

Homepage Forums Technical Support f1 2021 crashing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stijn
    Participant

Hi everyone, ive just bought vorpx and i am a total noob, but i think i understand the basics.

Now i want to use vorpx for f1 2021, i use an oculus quest 2.
    Ive used the standard local file, and started up f1, and it crashed once i load into a race.
    Ive also tried some cloud profiles to see if that fixes the issue and it did not.

I get a crash report saying “D3D12 steam games do not work currently in oculus mode. For steam games that use D3D12 please change the headset type to SteamVR in the voprx config app”

I went on to try the SteamVR device instead of the oculus one, and it still did not work.

Can someone help me fix this issue?
    Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to reset the game‘s graphics settings to default. Since in general vorpX is able to hook the game, I‘d suspect this to be an issue with e.g. DLSS or some other graphics setting.

BTW: If you happen to have F1 2020, try that too. In contrast to F1 2021 it still supports DX11, which for vorpX means it still had true Geometry 3D. Slower than the post effect 3d in F1 2021, but looks a lot more natural.

Stijn
    Participant

Resetting the graphics settings did not work either…
    Do you have a preset for settings so i can copy them?

I unfortunately don’t have f1 2020.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Should work with default settings. Profiles are usually done with a game’s default settings.

I’d like to check your logfiles. Please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app and send that to support at vorpx com. No promises, but maybe I can spot something useful.

Stijn
    Participant

Thanks! I’ve sent the trouble shoot file to support at vorpx com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!