Fallout 3 crashes

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Fallout 3 crashes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Trancer Spacey
    Participant

Fallout 3 works out of the box, runs smooth and fine, but unfortunately after a few minutes (sometimes immediately, sometimes after five or ten minutes) the game crashes.

Does anyone have a tipp or does this happen, because VorpX is still beta and this is a common bug? I’m sure the reason for the crash is VorpX, because when I run the game “normal” without vr, the game does not crash.

Trancer Spacey
    Participant

Perhaps a solution:

today I installed some useful (i hope!) mods. Now the freezing of the game seems not to happen again. (But this is just a first impression. I had’nt the time to test the game longer than ten minutes per session, but the crashing/freezing didn’t happen again.) So I guess, one of the following mods helped, to stabilize the game. If you have the same problems like me, perhaps the following links will help:

(complete links seems to be deleted, so go to http://www.nexusmods.com/ and paste the following adresses)

– Purge cell buffers: /fallout3/mods/7817/?

– Games for Windows live disabler: /fallout3/mods/1086/?

– 3GB Enabler (4GB for 64 bit): /fallout3/mods/6510/?

– UPDATED Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch: /fallout3/mods/19122/?

Trancer Spacey
    Participant

Ups, links seems to work after all? Good to know… ;-)

Trancer Spacey
    Participant

Played more than 1.5 hours without crashing, so it seems one of the patches did it. I guess it was a memory issue because Fallout 3 is not Win7 optimized. Absolutely phantastic vr-experience now! Wasteland is heaven! :-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!