Fallout 3 Double Vision

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Fallout 3 Double Vision

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Hmmmm. OK, I’m very new to Vorpx (but a LONG time stereoscopic gamer using Tri-Def and SuperDepth3d) and I’ve followed the instructions and certain things work – Tried Skyrim SE for example, and other than having abysmal performance it worked OK (the scene was rendered properly – other than some water-depth issues).

But Fallout 3 is not working – it has the “double vision” effect where the 2 eyes appear to be rendering without convergence.

Any tips on that one?

moarveer
    Participant

In if you have a pimax hmd, check parallel projections, otherwise i cannot say.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Also use the original Skyrim if you still have it. Not only is it better performance wise, it also looks better since it has actual multisampling antialising instead of the SE’s blurry post process AA.

For good performance you typically will have to reduce graphics settings. Medium details with higth texture resolution is a good starting point for Skyrim SE.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

OK, it was time for a long-overdue full clean install of Win10 anyway, so I did that and things work working better now. Don’t know what the problem was.

Fallout 3 is working and looks good, but has all the original problems that Fallout 3 had (I’m maintaining nearly 90fps even with vorpX activated, but it looks more like 15 or 20 fps while playing Fallout 3, which has all kinds of weird frame-rate issues, stuttering, etc.)

Rather than start a new thread, does anyone have a good fix for Fallout 3’s bizarre apparent frame-rate issues?

Ralf
    Keymaster

It‘s not supposed to be that way. If you have the game installed on a harddrive, try a SSD if possible to minimize hitches caused by streaming in new geometry/textures. Also try without any mods if you have mods installed and last but not least try to delete your fallout3.ini, the game will create a new one on start.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

It‘s not supposed to be that way. If you have the game installed on a harddrive, try a SSD if possible to minimize hitches caused by streaming in new geometry/textures. Also try without any mods if you have mods installed and last but not least try to delete your fallout3.ini, the game will create a new one on start.

Thanks, but it isn’t any of those basic issues. And yeah it sure isn’t supposed to be that way, but the old engine used in FO3 was really, really awful about these sort of things. There have been major problems right since the beginning, and there are some solutions, such as FOSE plugins etc to try and correct it, but there can be hours and hour and hours of testing, and tweaking, and testing again, before you get it right, and “right” can be different for every configuration, video-card, etc. Throwing all the power in the world at it doesn’t make a difference, because they are fundamental game-engine issues. I was just hoping that maybe I wouldn’t have to go through all the trial-and-error and work of getting it to run correctly again; if maybe there was a new, easy, solution I didn’t know about. Maybe I should just wait for the Capitol Wasteland project to finish (or for Bethesda to finally release an “SE” version running on the FO4 engine, which has far fewer of these sort of issues).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!