Fallout 4 causes “flashy” glitches. Is there a fix?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Fallout 4 causes “flashy” glitches. Is there a fix?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    HalloMolli
    Participant

First I am very impressed by the performance. Resoloution is rather low (800×600) but the game still LOOKS GREAT and performs very smoothly in G3D. I couldn’t believe my eyes since many games seem to scale very poorly with (my) hardware in vorpx. Unfortunately it’s unplayable due to the fact that textures (?) cause flashy glitches which take away most of your field of vision. If I start the game without vorpx everything works just fine so it’s caused by vorpx.

If there is a way to fix this it would be very appreciated. I love to play all bethesda games in 3rd Person view hence the VR adaption is a big no-go for me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The game should run largely flawless normally. Still one of my regular test games, so I’m 100% sure nothing has been broken recently. If you have any mods installed, please try without. Just to see whether maybe a mod causes the issue. Camera mods for example may interfere with vorpX’s DirectVR field of view adjustment, also mods that hook the DirectX pipeline (e.g. ENB) may cause problems.

Resolution: You can select a quality preset up to 2400p in the vorpX menu, DirectVR page towards the bottom. Whenever vorpX can handle resolution for a game, it shown an according message in the top left corner of the game window.

HalloMolli
    Participant

Hey Ralf,

I am sorry to say but this is a fresh install (no mods, no enb etc. whatsoever) and it only happens in Fallout 4 (all of my other games run very well). I have not touched modding in this game and on this rig anyway. And it happens on a new save as well. Well, I created a short video so you can see for yourself what I mean (since it’s the same within the headset) –> https://youtu.be/llzv9scEicw

Thanks for the hint with the preset, though. I didn’t even know something like this existed. But at this point F4 is unfortunately unplayable for me. Hm.

Edit: I noticed something: If I play in first person then this happens significantly less. So vorpx (or the game?) reacts to “mousemovement” + 3rd person with “flashes”. Without vorpx there is no problem at all.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just realized that you said you want to play third person. In that case you will have to disable the DirectVR memory scanner apply in the vorpX menu. DirectVR FOV causes flicker in third person. As an extra safety measure you might also want to disable the weapon hide feature, although that’s probably not required.

If you want to raise the FOV, you will have to do that manually from the game’s console after disabling the Direct VR memory scanner.

HalloMolli
    Participant

Alright! Thank you very much. This makes sense. Will give it another try tomorrow!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!