Fallout 4 Controller issues

Homepage Forums Technical Support Fallout 4 Controller issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rarebazza
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I’m new to Vorpx but I have been able to get Vorpx working on Fallout 4. My issue is that when I play the game without vorpx the controller prompts are there, i.e. press ‘A’ to Jump. Also when talking to NPC’s I can select A, B, X, Y dialog options with no problem. If I play Fallout 4 in Vorpx I don’t see the controller prompts but I see keyboard and mouse prompts instead. Also when talking to NPC’s my right anolog stick becomes a mouse???
    I.m not sure what to do to get this to work properly but any help would be welcome.

Thanks.

My setup:
    CV1 Oculus Rift
    Controller: wireless Xbox One Gamepad.

AndyW
    Participant

By default, because VorpX uses head-tracking to control where you’re looking by generating virtual mouse movements, it also has to emulate the controller – I think Fallout 4, like many games, doesn’t allow simultaneous mouse and conroller input.

However, there is an experimental feature in VorpX for Fallout 4 only which gets round this. Call up the Vorpx in-game menu (default key is ‘Delete’), use the left/right arrow keys to get to the head-tracking menu, then down arrow to ‘Start direct tracking scan’ and enter. After a pause and a hitch in your view it’ll suddenly rotate your character. Ten you’ll probably find head-tracking is more accurate, and also that the controller works as intended.

Rarebazza
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me.
    I have tried using the head tracking scan and it does indeed reset and the head tracking which is highly optimised but for some reason it completely disables my Xbox controller unless I restart the game.

Additionally is there a way to disable or change the hotkey button as if I click into the LS stick to sprint it ends up open the VR hotkey panel. I also have the same when I crouch with the right stick and it opens the peek mode.

AndyW
    Participant

Ah, I’m afraid I’ve not run into those issues. Can anybody else cast light on these?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!