Fallout 4 F4SE & NMM

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Fallout 4 F4SE & NMM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    stranger07
    Participant

Hello,

first of all, sorry for my poor English, but I will express myself as well as I can.

The following:

I use Vorpx for my Oculus Rift S. There is an official setting for Fallout 4. However, my version is moded with FS4E which is extencial and I start the game via the Nexus Mod Manager. Unfortunately, the 3D does not work with the glasses but is flat. quite a few warnings appear but I am quite inexperienced with the Vorpx tool.

Are there any suggestions for a solution to make it work? Has anyone perhaps already dealt with it in advance? I would be very grateful for help :). Greetings

Ralf
    Keymaster

Difficult to say anything specific without knowing what the warnings say. Please try again and let my know what *exactly* the warnings say. Full text please, not just ‘some warning about whatever…’. :)

stranger07
    Participant

Hello,

Okay, here it is :)

Unexpected system DLL(s) found in game folder:

C:/Program Files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Fallout4/d3d11.dll

Probably has been put there by a mod. may cause a conflict with vorpX. if you encounter any issue, try to remove/rename these DLL(s).

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please follow the suggestion in the message and check whether your issue still occurs when you remove the d3d11.dll. It almost certainly hooks into the same D3D functions as vorpX and may cause a conflict by doing so.

stranger07
    Participant

If I do that, the error code is gone, but I’m in the game’s endless loading screen and the image also remains flat. The picture moves with the movement of my head, so to speak.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably one of your mods that causes another conflict. Please try an unmodded game first and if that works add your mods back in batches to find the offending one. Quest mods, textures, model replacements and similar things are probably safe, but anything that hooks into the graphics pipeline or the game code may potentially cause trouble. Hottest candidates are graphics enhancement and camera mods.

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

If you switch from NMM to Vortex you can use Vortex to disable and reenable all Vortex managed mods at once. You’ll have to remove Reshade unfortunately as well (that’s almost certainly where your d3d11.dll comes from – just delete that one file to completely disable Reshade. Keep a compressed copy in the same folder if you want to be able to easily enable and disable Reshade.)

I had pretty good luck with FO4 and Vortex overall, but the engine is VERY sensitive to resolution unfortunately, and performance falls off a cliff even with a very good GPU as resolutions approach 4K. That, combined with FO4’s awful AA techniques, makes it so, so hard to get it looking really sharp on an HMD. If you’re OK with soft-focus or blurry you’ll be fine.

Launch directly from FS4E, not from your mod-manager. Most mod managers properly install mods so you do not actually have to launch them from the mod-manager (there are exceptions, but Vortex isn’t one of them.)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!